What's new

Your favorite short smoke cigar .

Hi gents,

Spring has finally turned up in frosty Denmark! (I thought another ice age was coming!). Time to get out the cigar cutter and the Zippo blue in the yard and enjoy life and the brown leaf.

I have a few shorts in the Humi, but I wanted to get the opinion of my fellow B&B brothers in case I see any bargains.

So the question is gents - what's your favorite short smoke (20 -30 minutes, tops).

I have a couple of Cohiba Maduro Secretos left over, but they are waaaayyyyy too expensive to be a go-to cigar for a short smoke. (at least for me).

Last edited:
I am just a cigar newbie (I have smoked perhaps a dozen sticks), but I am quite liking the Cheap German Bastards available from Frankenmuth Cigar Company, in Frankenmuth Michigan (a town that celebrates it's German heritage. The entire town is basically one big tourist trap: German chicken restaurants, fudge, Bronners Christmas Store and every specialty shop you can imagine). Everything they make is hand rolled, and you can watch them being made in the store. (woot!! :w00t:)

The Cheap German Bastards are $3 per stick for the Corona size.

Fonseca 2-2
H. Upmann Demi-Tasse
Macanudo Petit Corona
Macanudo Court (Not the Hampton Court)
P.G. Bombones

I am just a cigar newbie (I have smoked perhaps a dozen sticks), but I am quite liking the Cheap German Bastards available from Frankenmuth Cigar Company, in Frankenmuth Michigan (a town that celebrates it's German heritage. The entire town is basically one big tourist trap: German chicken restaurants, fudge, Bronners Christmas Store and every specialty shop you can imagine). Everything they make is hand rolled, and you can watch them being made in the store. (woot!! :w00t:)

The Cheap German Bastards are $3 per stick for the Corona size.

Cheap German Bastards - LOL! Sounds great, and the town sounds great too. I actually get my cigars from hamburg germany. Only a two hour drive for me, and there are plenty of online stores as well.

Padron 1926 #35
Padron 1964 Principe Maduro

Others I like include:

Fuente Short Story, been smoking them for many years. Still do on occasion but either they've changed or my tastes have
Olivia Serie G Robusto. Prefer the Maduro but usually run into the Cameroon. That Special G looks great C-Quan, but I don't think I have ever had one. Definitely will check one out, though.

I find Jucy Lucy from Drew Estate to be a great/cheap short smoke. I recently introduced a self-proclaimed 'cigar snob' to them, and he was favorably impressed.

MUWAT - Bait Fish
Liga Privada - Papas Fritas
Arturo Fuentes Hemingway Between the Lines
Arturo Fuentes Short Story
Illusione 68
Illusione Epernay le petite
nub cameroon 358
Padron 1964 principe
padron 1926 #35
Tatuaje petite cazadores reserva

hey, i haven't seen the Acid Wafe, more investigation needed....

The wafe has a wierd shape and is super flat and thinner than any of your more traditional cigars. Another interesting odd shaped cigar by drew estates is the "egg". I haven't smoked any of them but i do still find their gimmicky shape and sizes kind of interesting.

with 3 or 4 thumbs up for the Fuentes Short Story, they definitely sound like a "must try" for a short smoke. I do like the perfecto format. Had a few cuban Cuaba Divinos sticks that were fantastic.

I'm not sure why, but I do tend to enjoy stronger short cigars. If I could ignore the price completely, my top shorts are:

Cohiba Maduro 5 Secretos
Cuaba Divinos
Partagas shorts

Recently tried a Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 petit corona. Pretty good, probably better than the Partagas, but I've only tried one so far.

Of this short list, the Cohiba was the best IMO. The smoke had a velvety, powdery texture that was fantastic. if you can get them, try at least one.

Top Bottom