What's new

Your favorite short smoke cigar .

The Fuentes Short Story is definitely a solid short cigar. I'd recommend buying online or from a fairly large B&M for them. If you're into buying boxes, even better. My local B&M's don't sell enough of them to warrant having decent prices, so if I want just one locally I end up paying a couple bucks more than I want to for such a small cigar. The smoke and the flavor, however, never disappoint.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Lots of makers also offer tins of cigars in the 4x~30ish size. While not the same as a full sized handmade they are nice for a quicky.

I've even been knows to indulgence is a CAO flavor in this format.

But the Nub isn't a short smoke if my recollection is right. I think the Nubs I have smoked took almost an hour, despite their short stature.

The nub 354 and 358's are about a 30-45. their 460, 464, and 466 take about and hourish if not a little longer...but this is still all YMMV depending on how fast you smoke.

The nub 354 and 358's are about a 30-45. their 460, 464, and 466 take about and hourish if not a little longer...but this is still all YMMV depending on how fast you smoke.

Ah, that makes sense. I've only smoked a couple of Nubs and was shocked by how long they lasted.

Another cigar to consider, should you run into it, is the El Credito[FONT=arial, sans-serif] El Perrito War of Flavors. These are ugly little things, but they are actually pretty nice:

[/FONT]http://www.bestcigarprices.com/shopcontent/images/ElCredito_Perrito_WarFlavor10LPK.jpg

http://www.cigar-coop.com/2011/04/cigar-review-el-perrito-war-of-flavors.html

For the past 40 or so years, a group of friends (and their growing families) get together at some cottages on Lake Erie on the crappy beaches of Port Maitland, Ontario. It started, and is organized by the family of best friend since kindergarten (and I'm 56 years old). Anyway, I digress---

I have to bring the cigars. Too many years I see these rookies toss half smoked Padrons and other fine cigars. I finally wised up and started getting less expensive and smaller cigars (often tins by the major makers). Then I found these El Creditos. Cheap enough I don't feel bad when they are wasted, and because they are small they tend to get smoked a bit further down. But the major reason I get them is, when I take the leftovers home--I get to smoke them! I still bring good cigars for me and the guys who really like cigars, but these are now a must-have on the trip. Pick one up and give 'em a try! About $2.50 a stick.

I have to bring the cigars. Too many years I see these rookies toss half smoked Padrons and other fine cigars. I finally wised up and started getting less expensive and smaller cigars (often tins by the major makers).

I know exactly what you mean! Been there, done that!

When asked to bring some cigars, I take along Jose L. Piedra Petit Cozadores or Brevas. As long as they know they're cuban, they love them :) Actually, they're not that bad. The petits burn OK and have a strong one dimensional flavour, but that's it. Not so much a go-to cigar, but a what-the-hell cigar.

If you like the Bolivar profile. I recomend the Bolivar Coronas JR. It's my favorite short smoke

Other recomendations

Partagas Shorts
H. Upmann half corona
Montecristo No.5 when on

I tell a lie - the rocky patel I enjoyed so much recently was a Vintage Connecticut 1999. Not the 1990 (maroon label)

I just tried another 1990 on sunday, and remmembered why I didn't like it! It had an arrid chemical taste on the finish. Urrgh.

The Connecticut 1999 was a decent smoke.

+1 on the short story also. If you're looking for a REALLY short smoke, I love Davidoff cigarillos. Full cigar flavor in a 15 minute smoke. They're fun little things

Top Bottom