What's new

PIF - Four brushes

I have noticed that there seems to be a lot of questions among learning shavers as to what kind of brush is the best one. The simple answer to the question is: it depends. It depends on what you are using (soap or cream) and how (face lather, palm lather or bowl/scuttle lather) you prefer to use it.
A good way to become a lathermeister is to try different brushes with your favorite method to create lather. An even better way is to alter method of lathering and see what happens! By adapting your method to different circumstances you will build a solid technique:001_smile. Of course you need brushes...

$brushes1.jpg

The brushes in this PIF are: Vie-Long 21mm (unbleached 50/50 % mane - tail), Franks Shaving 23 mm synthetic, Omega boar (broken in!) and New Forest 22 mm silvertip badger.

The brushes are widely considered to be very good representatives of each kind of brush. They are all capable of creating lather on the face or in a bowl. They handle soaps, croaps and creams without any problems. Remember that no soap or brush makes lather on its own; it’s up to you to make the magic happen!

No special rules on this PIF, only B&B standard: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/272993-What-is-a-PIF-A-Guide-for-Newbies . Post in this thread if you are in on this PIF.

I will cover postage to wherever in the world. SWMBO will draw the lucky winner on Sunday 21st of April at 12.00 Swedish time.

Good luck!

Please don't count me in, but I wanted to tip my hat to Bosse.

What a terrific PIF and a great opportunity for B&B'ers to try out some wonderful brushes.

I'm in!

Thanks for your generosity. For those who don't know, this is another one in a long series of bosseb's PIFs. Extremely generous member.

My word, there are some amazing PIFs about recently and this is no exception. Horse, synthetic, silvertip AND boar! Only tried a boar out of those and one with nowhere near as good a rep as this.
Please count me in. Thanks.

Top Bottom