What's new

Arko Smell? Really?

mswofford

Rest in Peace
I thank SteveWY for starting this thread. At long last I used this lemon smelling stick for the first time.
I washed and rinsed, leaving my face wet. I rubbed it liberally on my face and lathered. I easily ended up with enough in the brush for a 2 pass shave and maybe more.
Result? The shave was smooth, close and nick free; I think it compares favorably to my go-to Tabac soap which I bowl lather. When I travel I will put it in a zip lock bag since I have no container yet. I have no criticism of the performance OR the scent of Arko and will continue to use it.

I recall reading somewhere that scientists discovered a certain gene that makes half the population interpret the taste of cilantro as "dishsoap". Maybe this same gene (or a second one) leads half of the members here to think Arko smells putrid?

I however, think it has a very subdued clean smell, and is a great performer!

Love this! That's what it is... a genetic anomaly that predisposes certain humans to dislike Arko!

P.S. I thought this thread was long-since dormant. I' back and subscribing again!

I thank SteveWY for starting this thread. At long last I used this lemon smelling stick for the first time.
I washed and rinsed, leaving my face wet. I rubbed it liberally on my face and lathered. I easily ended up with enough in the brush for a 2 pass shave and maybe more.
Result? The shave was smooth, close and nick free; I think it compares favorably to my go-to Tabac soap which I bowl lather. When I travel I will put it in a zip lock bag since I have no container yet. I have no criticism of the performance OR the scent of Arko and will continue to use it.

Hey my friend! Thanks for reminding me about this thread. I don't know if the Arko stick will fit in a pill bottle like Palmolive will but maybe try a twist-up container available readily. Try West Coast Shaving. I have my Arko in one of those and it stores nicely, twist up for action, and the extra height of the twist-up makes a nice handle.

http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Twist-up-Shaving-Stick-Containers-2-oz_p_649.html

proxy.php

Used Arko again this morning. The smell is fine, like a creamy lemon pledge. The lather is excellent. It's a great product at a great price. Time to try some Arko aftershaves next...

I'm with you mate!! Don't know what the issue others are having with arko. Just came back from Turkey and bought a heap of arko back with me. I've been using it ever since. Great stuff!!

Arko in a bowl at home and a stick (in a West Coast twist tube) for travel. It's pretty much the only soap I use anymore. I love the clean soapy smell and its lather is as good as any other soap I've tried. How can you beat it for a $5 bowl that lasts 6 months????

Top Bottom