What's new

My first G & D Gillette. Need year and case help please

I recently picked this up online and had a few questions about it age and case. Is this just a 1921-28 old type set with a variation on the case from the one that is shaped like a horse shoe on Mr-razors site. Would the appropriate blade holders be card board or like the one picture? The posting read " Made in U.S.A. on bottom with no Pat. info & Has a G & D on the bottom.
$GD3.JPG$GD.JPG$GD2.JPG
$english.jpg

We've seen cases like one that come out of the French market, I believe. I assume that there's no serial number on yours if you're thinking 1921-29, which would be right. I'm not positive what style blade cases it ought to have -- the cardboard ones with lids, like those in that other set, would be a reasonable guess, but it could also have been the cardboard sleeves like the ones that came in the Olympic Special Pioneer set below (which, incidentally, was also from the French market, made in the U.S., and marked with the G-inside-D mark).

In any case, that match-strike case is definitely an older piece. They'd stopped using those somewhere during the 1910s. Also, maybe it's my eyes, but it looks like you may actually have the body of a mach-strike case and the lid of a cigarette-pack one there together.

proxy.php

Top Bottom