What's new

Which shampoo bar?

I have been using Liggett's Shampoo Bars for a couple of years and think they are great. Tea Tree & Hemp Oil is the one I use most, but the other "flavors" work just as well.

I've been using one of the following, all depends on the day. J.R Liggetts, GrandPa's Pine Tar, or one from The Soap Works. All are excellent although the smell of the GrandPas one took a while to get used to.

I've had great experience / results with DR Harris (Arlington) and various bars from Chagrin Valley.

My hair looks much fuller, cleaner, and I'm also able to skip a "shampoo" occasionally.

PS - I think they call that "no poo". I'm an occasional no-pooer.

Well, is there any other places from where one can buy a schapobar :)? Could be cool to try, but shipping from that site is rather expensive for a distant Swede :p, even if their products seem cool.

I've been using shampoo bars made by a great soap artisan in TN, sweetcreekherbalcare on Etsy.

Great soap that lathers easily, cleans my hair well and feels great.

I just opened up a Liggett's peppermint and jojoba shampoo bar. I was expecting a peppermint scent but was surprised that it had no scent whatsoever. This thing EXPLODED with lather with just a few swirls. It left a really "squeaky" clean which I'm not used to. Does anyone know if this is a good thing? Also, do the soaps from CV, QCS, and MW all have this "squeaky" clean affect?

I just picked up Liggett's original at my local Whole Foods last week and am amazed at the lather explosion--just a couple of swipes on the scalp and it blew up. So, I am pro--my hair is short and no odd effects yet. It's the only one I've tried but definitely opens up the door to try more.

I keep jumping between Chagrin Valley shampoo bars and Queen Charlotte Soap shampoo bars. I have narrowed my two favourites down to being the Ayurvedic Herb from CV and the Cedarwood Rosemary from QCS. The last two times that I placed an order, QCS won because I placed and order for shaving soaps at the same time.

After switching from Head & Shoulders several years ago, think I tried most of the Chagrin Valley bar shampoos. Some better than others. My latest switch was to QCS, currently tea tree, and have been happiest with that. Nice aroma, leaves hair feeling nice, and no itch like I had with Chagrin Valley.

I am just starting into Shampoo bars myself. I have used the QED Cedar and Bay. It leaves your hair squeeky clean, like prell in the day. You really want to rinse imediately but it really works and smells awesome.

I am just about to finish a bar of Dr. Harris Arlington. I am not really sold on the scent but the soap is great. The downside it the price you pay for the ammount you get.

I have a bar of Mystic Waters shampoo. I haven't tried it yet, it is next up.

I would like to try some of the cheaper ones Ligget's etc.. Just no Whole Foods in my area.

Top Bottom