What's new

First Feather Artist Club SS Full Shave!

B&Bers,

I hade my first "full" shave with my Feather Artist Club SS:
$photo.jpg
Before this shave, I practiced with this razor by doing some passes only on my cheeks (Maybe 5 two pass shaves WTG and XTG). Today, I felt confident and daring! So I thought, lets add a pass on my neck! Here is what I ended up doing:
I spent a long time doing full prep... made a slick and thick lather with Stirling "Naked and Smooth" soap.
I did a straight down pass which is actually a combination of WTG and XTG on my face and neck... I went slow and the blade only dug into one spot on my neck, giving me a weeper.
I then did a second pass, going combo WTG and ATG from nose to ear and all the way down the neck. I got no cuts with this.
I then did a third pass (as I said, I felt confident) , going XTG from ear to nose and against the grain on my neck, and got a few more nicks.
In all I got 4 nicks.
Finally, I took out my Merkur Progress and did some touch ups, especially on the neck.

Ultimately it was a good shave. I probably got 95% of everything on my face and neck, which required some clean up. Afterwards, the alum block let me know that I used too much pressure... and a couple ours later, my face still felt "warm" (a slight razor burn) and so I applied some Proraso Pre-Post Menthol and that took care of it.

Conclusion: I was too confident and so gave myself some irritation (more than normal). However, I find this razor very forgiving and should be a lot of fun to use!

Congratulations on your first Feather AC shave. Although I've got several straights, I use the Feather when I travel and enjoy shaving with it very much. It's funny, when I first started shaving with it I'd read so much about how sharp the blades were compared to a regular straight that I bought some Feather Pro Guards but after using the Feather AC on a regular basis I found I preferred the regular Feather Pro blades which many others consider to be "wicked sharp".

Sounds like you had a good first experience. Good luck for many more in the future.

Top Bottom