What's new

Haberdashery Acquisitions

These were my uncles and now they are mine! The reverse says Swank USA, and the inside rim has .925 on it. I believe they are Onyx, but they could be glass, too. They are absolutely mint to behold, and my cousin says they must be from around 1970 or so. They are substantial, not the cheap feeling junk from today.

$allenedmonds_shoes_mcallister_merlot_l.jpg
I took advantage of Allen Edmond's online sale, and I just received a pair of McAllisters in merlot. This is my first pair of high quality shoes, and I am proud to own such an iconic style. I am gradually "upping my game" with regard to my wardrobe quality, and of course these shoes fit into my master plan nicely.

View attachment 328682
I took advantage of Allen Edmond's online sale, and I just received a pair of McAllisters in merlot. This is my first pair of high quality shoes, and I am proud to own such an iconic style. I am gradually "upping my game" with regard to my wardrobe quality, and of course these shoes fit into my master plan nicely.

Beautiful shoes! I'm a sucker for a good wingtip and I hope to own a similar pair of AEs soon!

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I picked up two 3-paks of Gold Toe Metropolitan OTC navy blue socks. Do you really need a picture? :biggrin:
Certainly nothing as interesting or fun as some Happy Socks but they are socks for work. However, I am glad that they added a gray line along the toe so as to differentiate between the black and navy blue socks. Nice touch.

Last edited:
I picked up two 3-paks of Gold Toe Metropolitan OTC navy blue socks. Do you really need a picture? :biggrin:
Certainly nothing as interesting or fun as some Happy Socks but they socks for work. However, I am glad that they added a gray line along the toe so as to differentiate between the black and navy blue socks. Nice touch.

What a great idea. I am tired of sticking my head and a sock under a lamp to see if it is blue or black!

My first order from thetiebar.com, and I am impressed!

Grenafaux - Midnight Navy 3" (wearing this one today - lovely!)
$33523_t.jpg

GrosGrain Solid - Cranberry 3" (wore this one to a wedding on Saturday - knots very nicely)
$34434_t.jpg

Spring Medallions - Tangerine 3" (really looking forward to wearing this one - my wife's favorite)
$24443_t.jpg

Just got measured up for my first MTM sports coat at Beckett and Robb in SF, five weeks to wait before it's done. They let you customize pretty much everything on the jacket, hopefully it turns out not to be a huge mess.

Custom Mitchell Wallet. Burgundy Horween shell cordovan exterior, with dark olive green interior and olive green stitching. I'd show pics... but frankly I think it's a little too beautiful to share - you'll all want to copy it :lol:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh you think you are so smart; I will just go see Dave tomorrow.

Kidding, and I am sure it is beautiful. I have a black shell wallet with golden wheat CXL interior with contrast stitching. I love it.

Custom Mitchell Wallet. Burgundy Horween shell cordovan exterior, with dark olive green interior and olive green stitching. I'd show pics... but frankly I think it's a little too beautiful to share - you'll all want to copy it :lol:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom