What's new

Haberdashery Acquisitions

Yesterday I picked up some cedar shoe trees, a big horsehair brush, a shoe horn, and some brown cream polish for my Florsheim boots. I figured it was a good investment. I used the cream on a pair of brown shoes that I bought last year after brushing them and they look much better.

Now I'm going down the rabbit hole and have two more pairs of boots picked out (tan wingtips and black Chelseas) and am looking at raw denim jeans...

Although I'll have to lose some weight if I want to fit into some of the nicer clothes available. Good incentive.

Got my J&M Russell boots in. A half size too small, unless the leather will stretch. Or I could replace the insole, which I don't want to do. I like loose shoes, so I wonder what "good fitting shoes" feel like. Nice shoes.

The Docker's Alpha skinny tapered cotton pants have been my perfect answer for a good looking, everyday office pant. I'm a slim, athletic guy, and have had a hard time finding comfortable, everyday office pants that fit nicely (and are reasonably priced). These are relatively inexpensive (got them for ~$60 on sale, they go on sale all the time), fit great, and come in several colors. Narrow leg opening, slim through the leg. Picked up the navy and dark grey versions. They fit much better than the "slim tapered" version.

For you skinny guys that are looking for a cheap, good quality pair of great fitting cotton pants, give these a shot for sure. If you're alright with spending some extra money, the Ted Baker slim fit trousers also fit great, although at least three times the price of the Dockers.

I'm not skinny at all so I picked up a pair of Levi's 541 athletic fit jeans in rigid dragon which is a raw denim. They seem to fit better than other jeans as they are relaxed in the butt and thighs and slightly tapered in the calves. Works well with my beer league hockey build. I also like that they are medium rise instead of low rise. Typically jeans will sag and hang down if I get them to wear they aren't constricting my thighs. These are a touch baggy but pretty nice for under $50.

I'm not skinny at all so I picked up a pair of Levi's 541 athletic fit jeans in rigid dragon which is a raw denim. They seem to fit better than other jeans as they are relaxed in the butt and thighs and slightly tapered in the calves. Works well with my beer league hockey build. I also like that they are medium rise instead of low rise. Typically jeans will sag and hang down if I get them to wear they aren't constricting my thighs. These are a touch baggy but pretty nice for under $50.

Nice, I've seen those around at the stores. I recommended a couple guys at work to give those a shot, as they're weightlifting guys who squat a lot and as a result, have larger lower bodies.

Man, I just looked through all of this thread, and I gotta say I feel kinda inadequate lol. I've got a couple pair of nice Khakis and a couple nice dress shoes, but nothing compared to this... But then again, it looks like a lot of y'all where suits to work. I'm in an office, but it's a little more relaxed. I wear a nice shirt, good pair of jeans, and either Sperry's or boots.

The Docker's Alpha skinny tapered cotton pants have been my perfect answer for a good looking, everyday office pant. I'm a slim, athletic guy, and have had a hard time finding comfortable, everyday office pants that fit nicely (and are reasonably priced). These are relatively inexpensive (got them for ~$60 on sale, they go on sale all the time), fit great, and come in several colors. Narrow leg opening, slim through the leg. Picked up the navy and dark grey versions. They fit much better than the "slim tapered" version.

For you skinny guys that are looking for a cheap, good quality pair of great fitting cotton pants, give these a shot for sure. If you're alright with spending some extra money, the Ted Baker slim fit trousers also fit great, although at least three times the price of the Dockers.

If you like the Alpha's check out the Banana Republic Aiden chinos. Normally $80 but they run 40% off coupons all the time. Softer material than the Dockers, which can be a pro or a con depending on your taste, but I liek the finish better. Alphas felt a touch more casual than these.

as far as items I have picked up, I ahve an HMT ont he way from India and some nato bands on a slow boat from china. Also picked up a couple of camel hair blazers at a local department store at a deep clearance price. Under $20 for an originally $80 blazer. Not too bad.

I've been pretty busy:

AE Bleecker Street in Chili
3 J Crew Sportcoats
2 J Crew Lambswool crewneck sweaters
1 J Crew V neck merino wool sweater
1 J Crew Nautical Stripe Cashmere Cardigan
8 Charles Tyrwhitt Dress Shirts
3 pairs of Cufflinks
Clarks Desert Boots in Chocolate Suede
J Crew Suede Pacer boots
J Crew Bright Red Cashmere Beanie
2 interesting pairs of knit socks
...probably more stuff, but I don't know if I've posted them already.

Went a little crazy this weekend...

Shirts:
- blue stripe OCBD
- pink OCBD
- lavender dress
- navy gingham dress

Sweaters:
- navy V-neck
- heather V-neck
- charcoal V-neck

Pants:
- grey wool
- navy wool

Shoes:
- grey suede desert boots

My office went from business wear to business casual and I was tired of wearing the same button downs every day. I wanted to experiment with layering with V-necks so I got some halfway decent looking cotton sweaters, and then some OCBD shirts with color/patterns.

The wool slacks were a steal at about $60 each after discounts (Ralph Lauren through Macy's). I've been rotating between two pairs of poly/rayon blend versions of these pants for about four years with a little bit of repairs, so $100 for another 3-5 years would be just fine.

Desert boots will be for jeans and maybe chinos depending on how I like them. Just picked up the jeans a couple weeks ago (Levis 541).

I have been watching a couple of slightly dressier watches to use as my everyday watch at the office and one of them dipped below $100 so I snapped it up. Also added about 6 NATO bands for one the rest of my watches off of ebay. Cheap China bands but they do OK for a beater watch.

Seiko SNDC31
proxy.php

A few more things today.

Tan leather belt to match the wingtips, really nice match.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425865138.200030.jpg

Suede Chelsea boots for $20 on clearance.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425865121.900156.jpg

Nautica wool car coat for about $55 on clearance with some discounts.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425865129.933181.jpg

Just picked up a new Benchcraft belt. It's model #6067, but I can't seem to find a picture online of the color I got. I picked it up in a walnut color, and it matches my walnut Allan Edmonds almost perfectly.

Belt is the same as pictured, but walnut brown.
$benchcraft_mensbelt_genleather_black_2560504_6067-34413_doubleloop.jpg

Top Bottom