What's new

Haberdashery Acquisitions

My new shoes arrived today. Crockett & Jones Monkton in chestnut and Crockett & Jones Westbourne in black.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 465
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 463
Last edited:
Thanks! Bought it off the bay...here's the specs from the seller

STAINLESS STEEL CASE MEASURING APPROXIMATELY 32MMX42MM, WITHOUT CROWN AND FROM LUG TO LUG

Thanks for that, I'm looking into vintage Omegas. They seem to offer really good value for money. The only problem is that there are so many variations.

Vintage Omegas are nice, but if you're looking at the old classics from their Constellation and Seamaster series, you might want to have an experienced watchmaker/repair guy look it over. Franken movements sometimes make their way into these older watches.

Otherwise, enjoy the chase. These are some the most elegant looking watches around.

I stopped at Goodwill yesterday and got a new looking navy blazer for $6.00 and 2 neck ties for $5.00. I am going to rip the ties apart and use them as day cravats.

Some new shoes, Allen Edmonds Neumok and Park Avenue. The Neumok are from a special production run, made with some different leather than the normal offerings. I just received the PA and have not even tried them on yet, still letting the new rubber smell evaporate.

These pictures were taken with flash and the shoes look even better in person. I am posting them together to try and highlight the contrast of appearance of two different shoes built on the same last. It was hard to capture with the camera, but the soles on the Neumok protrude a lot more than the Park Avenue which look more sleeker. And the toe/sole of the Neumok has a steeper upward curve. I know sleekness has been a attribute that some gents are looking for, but these two pair highlighted the point that is also a component of the styling.

$AE-PA-Neumok-2.jpg

$AE-PA-Neumok-3.jpg

$AE-PA-Neumok-4.jpg

Just picked up some perfect unworn AE McAllisters in Walnut for $130

Evidently they were a floor model, but seemed to be well cared for, no visible defects either.

$$_57.JPG?rt=nc.jpg

2 more belts from Torino Leather (Italian croce calf belt in cordovan and perfed Italian veal in brown). I think that that completes my belt wardrobe unless I get some tan or cognac shoes.

A pair of burgundy (brush-off) wingtips from Hush Puppies (Style Brogue). I couldn't find a better pic - the brush-off is antiqued which gives it some color variation. I'm hoping that they fit well and feel comfortable.

A tin of black Saphir shoe polish.

A pair of travel pants in chestnut from BluffWorks (may they be as nice as the reviews imply) and a wrinkle-free buttondown from Land's End in lavender.

$329lrg.jpg$Perfed_Italian_Veal_Brown.jpg$hush-puppies-mens-shoes-style-brouge-dark-red-h103739-front.jpg

Last edited:
I just got a pair of Wolverine 1000 mile Addison boots in Brown/tan. This leather is just amazing. I slipped them on and walked around the house a bit and they fit perfect. I ordered the same size and my Redwing Beckman 9016.

Attachments

• $IMG_1088.jpg
    $IMG_1088.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 171
Top Bottom