What's new

Mike's hand made soaps from Brooklyn.

MIKE's NATURAL SOAPS (A different poll)

• Handmade in the U.S.A.

• Handmade in Ann Arbor, MI

• Doesn't matter

Results are only viewable after voting.
I just ordered my first set of Mike's soaps, Hungarian Lavender and Vetiver, and the performance and scents are outstanding. I also received a sample of Lily of the Valley and the scent is very pleasant. My next scent will be Lemongrass and a few samples.

I have NO self control. I ordered 7 different scents of Mikes soaps in the tins after reading one thread after another about how great his soaps are.

Even to Alaska my order took less than a week.

How long ago did you order soaps from him? He updates his website with what orders he is in the process of filling. I ordered on Sunday and just today his website says he is filling orders from Sunday and Monday. I'm just wondering because I am curious if the increased interest in his soaps are making ship times a little longer than in the past.

How long ago did you order soaps from him? He updates his website with what orders he is in the process of filling. I ordered on Sunday and just today his website says he is filling orders from Sunday and Monday. I'm just wondering because I am curious if the increased interest in his soaps are making ship times a little longer than in the past.

Mike seems to be pretty on his game actually. I placed a sample order and got it within a week, faster than the other artisan soapers I've ordered from. I wish he used priority mail instead of first class but its not really that big of a deal I suppose. I was impressed with how quick he got things out though, I mean its a one man shop, you can't expect orders to go out the same day or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike gives excellent service - I've put in two orders (now stocked up for a looooooooong time) and got my package within 10 days.

Mike seems to be pretty on his game actually. I placed a sample order and got it within a week, faster than the other artisan soapers I've ordered from. I wish he used priority mail instead of first class but its not really that big of a deal I suppose. I was impressed with how quick he got things out though, I mean its a one man shop, you can't expect orders to go out the same day or anything.

Thanks for responding. I haven't ordered any of his soaps before but after hearing of the praise in the forums and being that I am new to wet shaving and seem to have no self control, I ordered 7 of his tins of soap. I'll be checking the mailbox in anticipation over the next couple of days.

I have also ordered some soap from Mikes. Unfortunately, when I paid for them with my Paypal account, I had my brother's address set as the default shipping address because I had recently ordered him something a while back and now he has my soaps! He lives over an hour away and he says he will forward me my soaps, but that was over a week ago! I bet he's using them! :sad:

Mike's soaps are the bees knees! Once you get the water to soap going, you're gonna dig the shave and how your face feels after!btw - you really should try the Hungarian lather, but no matter the scent, Mike's is one of my top 3 soaps. Enjoy your shaves!

Well I'm not even a soap guy, but all the talk of Mike's made me pull the trigger. I'm a fan of lavender scents, but oddly enough don't have any lavendar creams or balms, so I went with a tin of Hungarian Lavendar, and my Lime fetish had me pull the trigger on another tin. Also requested samples of coconut, lemongrass/eucalyptus, and babershop. Let's see if I can't come on over to the "Soap" side...

I'm interested in acquiring two or three tins of this highly regarded soap. Can anyone offer advice as to which ones stand out from the others, both with regard to scent and perhaps performance as well?

They all perform the same, as far as the ones i've owned. ( Bay rum, Barbershop, lemongrass eucalyptus, Lime, Orange cedarwood and black pepper ) The scent is the only difference and they're all good. Pick something you like or get a bunch of samples. I doubt you'll be disappointed with anything.

Scent is such a personal decision. All are lightly scented IMO but pleasant. Performance is good. Some find it tough to lather and I dont find it amazing on the post shave but overall a great soap.

Top Bottom