Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike's Natural Recommendations

Images

Default Mike's Natural Recommendations

I'm interested in acquiring two or three tins of this highly regarded soap. Can anyone offer advice as to which ones stand out from the others, both with regard to scent and perhaps performance as well?
    Because a real gentleman shaves, every morning. (Marco's Grandfather) Best to All, Timothy

They all perform the same, as far as the ones i've owned. ( Bay rum, Barbershop, lemongrass eucalyptus, Lime, Orange cedarwood and black pepper ) The scent is the only difference and they're all good. Pick something you like or get a bunch of samples. I doubt you'll be disappointed with anything.
    Christopher

I'm a fan of Mike's Lime. Nice citrus.

Ronnie

Scent is such a personal decision. All are lightly scented IMO but pleasant. Performance is good. Some find it tough to lather and I dont find it amazing on the post shave but overall a great soap.

5. Default

Hungarian Lavender!

Images

I have a few, my favs are the Hungarian Lavender, Vetiver and the Barbershop. Whenever I use my Coconut, I must be control myself not to take a bite out of it
    Rudy, Central New Jersey
    'If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.'
    www.ultimatependesigns.com

My favorites are Barbershop, LE Vetiver (haven't smelled the current brew), Rose & Cedarwood and Orange, Cedarwood & Pepper.
    -Byron

I just ordered a bunch of samples from Mikes and most excited to try lime and coconut.

Images

I don't think I could be limited to three scents of Mike's. They're all pretty great.
    Joey, BOTSS

"'Tis no man; 'tis a remorseless eating machine!" :pirate:

Images

Lime. I picked my first Mike's well, I like it very much.
    Gary

. . . He went around back and into the basement because he was hungry. He ate cold beans out of a can and drank some water, and then he saw the small mirror Parker had bought with the razor and the can of lather. He looked at himself and knew he had to take a chance on staying long enough to shave. He shaved, and that made him feel better. . .

Barbershop, bayrum, and then the rest in no particular order. They're all good.

My favorites are Pine & Cedarwood and Rose & Cedarwood.
    Simply superb IMHO.

Images

I've got to try this.
    Pierce: Joris/Old Style/Pendragon Razor/UFO Kaiser Long; Feather; da Fat; WDFH-X;--The Order of the Fat; Brotherhood of Barber Scents (BOBS); BOTOC; Joris-Fatip Lovers; Chosen; GNÜ; TOFLAC-U; Personnas of the Mysteries; Pendragon Razor Handle Reviews; Pen Head (Metropolitan); MADMen. Publisher: BEAVERCLEAVERVILLE Sun-Gazette.

I have five in my rotation, Barbershop, Hungarian Lavender, Lime, Peppermint & Rosemary, Orange Cedarwood & Black Pepper. I like them all and they perform great.
    Proud Member of BOTSS, Proud F.F.F., S.A.S.S

Images

Done. Ordered a variety. I couldn't get just one. Anybody tried the shampoo?
    Pierce: Joris/Old Style/Pendragon Razor/UFO Kaiser Long; Feather; da Fat; WDFH-X;--The Order of the Fat; Brotherhood of Barber Scents (BOBS); BOTOC; Joris-Fatip Lovers; Chosen; GNÜ; TOFLAC-U; Personnas of the Mysteries; Pendragon Razor Handle Reviews; Pen Head (Metropolitan); MADMen. Publisher: BEAVERCLEAVERVILLE Sun-Gazette.

I use his shampoo. I like it but I find I have to use a conditioner as well.
    BTW, orange cedarwwod & pepper is my fav scent of his shave soap.

I just got my samples from Mike today. First one I used was the vetiver. Holy moly! I LOVE vetiver and this soap is spot on, great scent, and it LASTS! After my Dominica Bay Rum splash had lost its scent, I was still getting hits of vetiver. Six hours later my wife could pick it up on me! This is going to be something that I will always have on hand. Very excited to try the barbershop and the bay rum, which both smell great. The bay rum is also spot on. I think the Hungarian lavender smells great too, but not sure how I'll feel if the scent lingers all day. As much as I love the scent, I'm not sure I want to smell like it, if you know what I mean. Same for the lily of the valley. I'm definitely going to give them a try though. I also got a sample of the lime, which smells like the green chuckles candy. And I got the shampoo, too. It lathered up real nice, smelled clean, and rinsed clean but it almost felt like my hair was maybe too clean. Not a big deal though since I use pomade anyway. Also got the cedar and pine bath soap. Smells like taking a walk in forest park…perfect! I'm very pleased with this stuff!

I have Bay Rum, Lime, and the Orange Cedarwood & Black Pepper. All great! All shave great. You just cant go wrong with anything Mike makes.
    Feed your kids KoRn TOFLAC-U/ L.O.L.S./ BOTSS

Barbershop is awesome. I also like the Orange & Cedarwood. It's hard to go wrong with Mike's, it's pretty much awesome.
    L.O.B.O.S / Cult of Palmolive

Quote Originally Posted by Rockminer View Post
    They all perform the same, as far as the ones i've owned. ( Bay rum, Barbershop, lemongrass eucalyptus, Lime, Orange cedarwood and black pepper ) The scent is the only difference and they're all good. Pick something you like or get a bunch of samples. I doubt you'll be disappointed with anything.

Absolutely!
    In work, do what you enjoy
    In family life, be completely present