Thread: New Mystic Water scents!

Default New Mystic Water scents!

Spring markets are starting up and I've been working on some new things: my new soap scents, posted on www.mystic4men.com today, are Sardinian Honey, Viola di Bosco and Tea Tree & Blue Gum. The Sardinian Honey uses some of my personal stash of mountain honey that my kids bring me when they come to visit from Sardinia - I was feeling nostalgic and had some nice honey fragrance...and voila! Honey soap. The scent is delicate and does smell like honey, the color is a light brown (but lathers white). Viola di Bosco is a Parma violet scent, and at the request of a customer I made it with soothing allantoin, like my Sensitive Skin soap. If you like floral scents you will probably love this one too. Last but not least is the Tea Tree and Blue Gum eucalyptus...some people find the smell of tea tree oil to be medicinal, but I think it's well worth trying, especially for anyone with oily skin or acne.

There will be new soap scents (Bay Rum, Lily of the Valley, Unscented 20% shea butter) added to my regular website soon, and I'm changing all of the 15% shea butter soaps to the 20% version that I formerly used just for the Dry Skin Soap - (thanks for the suggestion, Kingfisher!) The new versions will be coming in gradually as the summer progresses.

Someone suggested that my small tins of solid lotion would make nice after shave balms if scented with more masculine fragrances, so I'm interested in your feedback on that idea. I could make them to match the shaving soap scents.

Images

just put my order in, been so excited to try the honey, thanks for putting up with my multiple emails, michelle!

Jamie
    Jamie, BOTSS

I started on a sample of your Irish Traveler this week. The wife ( and daughter in law) went crazy over it's scent, so I would regularly buy the solid lotions with that scent. I plan on trying your other scents and would likewise want solid lotions for scents SWMBO likes.Of course, if you want to bottle the fragrance as cologne or toilet water, that would be great also!
    Last edited by dparish1952; 04-15-2013 at 08:47 AM. Reason: suggestion
    Dennis -- CWS, Face Lather
    B&B Boar; tallow shave sticks.
    AeroPress. Weber Kettle & WSM; sous vide hacks.

Images

Sounds like great scents. Too bad I just recieved my order a few days ago and now I'm pretty well stocked up on soaps for a while.

Oh, and you have some fantastic lip balms. Love the scents on those also.

Quote Originally Posted by eyebright View Post
    Spring markets are starting up and I've been working on some new things: my new soap scents, posted on www.mystic4men.com today, are Sardinian Honey, Viola di Bosco and Tea Tree & Blue Gum. The Sardinian Honey uses some of my personal stash of mountain honey that my kids bring me when they come to visit from Sardinia - I was feeling nostalgic and had some nice honey fragrance...and voila! Honey soap. The scent is delicate and does smell like honey, the color is a light brown (but lathers white). Viola di Bosco is a Parma violet scent, and at the request of a customer I made it with soothing allantoin, like my Sensitive Skin soap. If you like floral scents you will probably love this one too. Last but not least is the Tea Tree and Blue Gum eucalyptus...some people find the smell of tea tree oil to be medicinal, but I think it's well worth trying, especially for anyone with oily skin or acne.

There will be new soap scents (Bay Rum, Lily of the Valley, Unscented 20% shea butter) added to my regular website soon, and I'm changing all of the 15% shea butter soaps to the 20% version that I formerly used just for the Dry Skin Soap - (thanks for the suggestion, Kingfisher!) The new versions will be coming in gradually as the summer progresses.

Someone suggested that my small tins of solid lotion would make nice after shave balms if scented with more masculine fragrances, so I'm interested in your feedback on that idea. I could make them to match the shaving soap scents.

Will you be attending any local farmers markets soon? I wouldn't mind taking a ride to avoid shipping costs. Can't wait to try the honey scent

Ooft I just picked up the sardinian honey and the adirondack jack scented soaps from the Kensington Farmers market. Great meeting Michele in person and let me tell you, the honey smells incredible. I can't wait to try it tomorrow morning

edit: couldn't wait til tomorrow. Here's a picture of the lather from the adirondack jack with my little omega boar. My wife is sick and came downstairs saying god that smells good. Michelle has cleared the bases. The honey soap when lathered is going to be my scent of the summer
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Allegrabene; 04-13-2013 at 11:36 AM.

7. Default

Great meeting you allegrabene, and of course seeing you Michelle. I left with Viola di Bosco. I liked the scent lathered up more than I thought. I also got a tin of the lavender lotion. I'm not sure it's for me, my skin might be too oily, but you dry skinned guys watch out, this might be a major hit.

I also wanted to mention that I've got a new 20% shea butter soap in the same Bay Rum scent that I use for my shaving soap. The soap scents that match shaving soaps are: Wild Lavender, Irish Traveller, Rosalimone, Green Fairy, Eucalyptus Spearmint, Lime (Key Lime), Marrakesh (salt soap), Cedar & Sage, Lily of the Valley, Mysore Sandalwood, Maestrale (Sea Salt). One thing that people always comment on about my soaps is that they last longer than other handmade soaps of a comparable size (between 4.2 and 5 oz) so if your experience with artisan soap is that they disappear quickly, you might be surprised.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by eyebright View Post
    The Sardinian Honey uses some of my personal stash of mountain honey that my kids bring me when they come to visit from Sardinia
    Your kids live in Sardinia and they visit you???

Seriously, that sounds exciting Michelle! I'm so glad to see you continue expanding. My brother is getting the honey. It may trigger yet another order by me. Keep up the great work!
    Joey, BOTSS

"'Tis no man; 'tis a remorseless eating machine!" :pirate:

Images

Tea tree and eucalyptus sounds interesting, though I think I'll have to get my MW fill from the bath soaps. Looking forward to testing out the scents of the Irish Traveller, Marrakesh and LotV before I try them in a shaving soap.
    B&B is made possible by contributions from members like you. Please give early and often.
    It's not the blade, it's not the soap, it's not the Moon in Venus. It's pressure. Maybe angle, but mostly pressure.
    Tony, happy to be back stewarding in Brush Forums

Nice sounding scents there. I'll have to try the Viola di Bosco with my next order.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Jefebadskin View Post
    Great meeting you allegrabene, and of course seeing you Michelle. I left with Viola di Bosco. I liked the scent lathered up more than I thought. I also got a tin of the lavender lotion. I'm not sure it's for me, my skin might be too oily, but you dry skinned guys watch out, this might be a major hit.
    Nice meeting you as well. I'll be on the lookout for some of the Viola Di Bosco next time I'm out, on your recommendation. I do remember liking the scent of it

Just ordered some samples. I would have just chosen 1 and picked up a full stick but too many of them sounded like good choices!

I've also got some shampoo bars that I made with the lavender, rosemary, peppermint essential oil blend - otherwise it's the same as my regular one, with shea butter and argan oil. i made a small batch so if you've been waiting for this one, you might want to get some bars now before I run out.

I ordered a regular shampoo bar sample on Monday but haven't gotten a shipping notification.

Is it suppose to take this long? I'm in no rush I was just hoping to get it by the weekend.
    Elliott

Elliot, you ordered after 4:00 p.m. on Monday so your order was mailed on Tuesday; according to my tracking information it was delivered today. I do try to email everyone after sending their order, but when I get really busy I don't always have time. I apologize if you were anxious about the status of your order, but inquiries about individual orders are better done by email or pm, rather than posting here where I just happened to see it. My customers can trust that I will do my very best to mail orders as quickly as possible and answer any questions you have, if you contact me directly.