What's new

Martin de Candre Fougere Poll

How many jars of MDC Fougere did you order?

• One.

• Two.

• Three.

• The maximum allowed: four!

• I also added some Fougere Bath Soap to my order.

Results are only viewable after voting.
$632-1321-large.jpg

How many jars did you order?

I got a new tub of the wooden bowl literally only a couple of months ago so can't really justify another purchase. But I can see that it won't be long before I do... :)

The first batch was sold out as of yesterday. The second batch will be available for order on May 13.

May I ask everyone to encourage others (who purchased) to vote, so we can arrive at an idea as to how many jars were ordered by B&B members?

I ordered just one and a few soaps too. According to tracking the package is waiting for me at home today.
Will be a Fougere weekend.

Received email this morning. Last shipment from France took two weeks for USA home delivery; probably delayed with customs screening.
Oh well.

$intransit.jpg

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I still have 2 full bowls of the regular scented and haven't ordered this new one. What I'd really like to know, and eventually test, is if the EOs added in the new Fougere soap only give a different scent or somehow upgrade the performance. Probably there's only one way to know...

What I'd really like to know, and eventually test, is if the EOs added in the new Fougere soap only give a different scent or somehow upgrade the performance. Probably there's only one way to know...

Once mine arrives, I will compare the two closely for several days in a row and share my findings in this thread.

May I suggest that everyone else who has purchased do the same?

Last edited:
I still have 2 full bowls of the regular scented and haven't ordered this new one. What I'd really like to know, and eventually test, is if the EOs added in the new Fougere soap only give a different scent or somehow upgrade the performance. Probably there's only one way to know...

I have used all three, and they are all identical performance to me. Only difference I notice with the new Fougere is the scent.

same ease of lathering, same stability in my brush scuttle, same post shave feel, slickness and cushion.

Last edited:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I have used all three, and they are all identical performance to me. Only difference I notice with the new Fougere is the scent.

same ease of lathering, same stability in my brush scuttle, same post shave feel, slickness and cushion.

This are excellent news, Bruce! I love MdC's Fougere scent and I'll certainly get a bowl of the new LE. As about the unscented version I've never used it because I LOVE the fragrance of the regular one so much... :001_wub:

I'm a fan of MdC and am waiting for reviews from others before I commit. I'd like to see if they will (eventually) have a special edition or inventive packaging.
In fact I'll probably buy it anyway...

I received mine today. 4-5 days isn't bad from France to SoCal.

The scent is Fougere. There's no doubt about that. It isn't quite as heavy or dark as the bath soap. It smells a little lighter, with a softer more rounded nose to it. I can see the citrus note people are referring to, although I would not classify it as anywhere even remotely close to a citrus type of scent.

Haven't used it yet. I'm sure the performance is the same we've all come to expect.

Top Bottom