What's new

Martin de Candre Fougere Poll

How many jars of MDC Fougere did you order?

• One.

• Two.

• Three.

• The maximum allowed: four!

• I also added some Fougere Bath Soap to my order.

Results are only viewable after voting.
The scent is Fougere. There's no doubt about that. It isn't quite as heavy or dark as the bath soap. It smells a little lighter, with a softer more rounded nose to it. I can see the citrus note people are referring to, although I would not classify it as anywhere even remotely close to a citrus type of scent.

WOW, that was fast to the US. i'm sure many others will get theirs this week and that's when the fun will begin.

my initial scent description is below. I think people too my Citrus wording out of context or it scared them off, which it shouldn't have.

To me it is NOT identical to the body bar either. There are definitely some citrus notes, lime, lemon etc in the Shave Soap. I for one think the SHAVE soap smells better then the body bar, which I find an excellent performing body bar, softest I have ever used actually (up there with NancyBoy), but it was very earthy to my nose when used as a body bar. It's not like TOBS Lemon/Lime or CF Lime, don't get me wrong. It has a blast of Fougere, but has some lingering citrus note that are not overpowering.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Gents, is this new bowl 200g of soap? My regular scented bowl is 170g. A larger glass pot?

Gents, is this new bowl 200g of soap? My regular scented bowl is 170g. A larger glass pot?

If I'm not mistaken the jar is the same size as always. I think there was truly 200g in there to begin with, they just labeled it as 170 and filled it to the brim. It's still filled to the brim, but labeled as 200 rather than 170.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong

If I'm not mistaken the jar is the same size as always. I think there was truly 200g in there to begin with, they just labeled it as 170 and filled it to the brim. It's still filled to the brim, but labeled as 200 rather than 170.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong

that's my theory too. the scented jars were likely 200g, but sold as 170g.

my new 200g Fougere is identical in size to my 200g Scented.

if someone can weigh the 200g Fouguere with Lid, you can compared it to my weighed 170g scented jar which is 526g on my digital scale (with lid)

my 200g Fougere has had samples removed so I can't do a side by side in my den.

Last edited:
I have not ordered any, but I will be going to France in 2 weeks, staying an hour away from the home of MdC... A nice drive through Chinon is on the agenda.

Is the scent the same? As strong as the sample bar they send with orders?

I should have read the whole thread. I see Greekguy answered this a couple of post before.:blushing:

Last edited:
I cant put my finger on the scent but a light mediterranean(citrus)/fern scent is what I am getting. Lathered up it does really melt together nicely and the scent is pleasant but hard to describe. I like it but not what I was expecting either. fougere scent is across the board and of course english fern is my ultimate fougere scent. My expensive curiosity is fullfilled now. I bought it on a drunken whim and dont regret it as it will last a while and it does smell pleasant. However I am looking forward to my next order of PannaCrema much more as it blows he performance of MdC away IMHO.

I bought two.
And I should have bought four!

I was wondering as I was reading the scent experiences if we all got the same batch?
Mine are from batch 016136.

Does anyone have another batch?

I was wondering as I was reading the scent experiences if we all got the same batch?

It seems only two batches were made and the second batch is still undergoing the curing process. At this point, it should all be from the same original batch.

Oh no, let's not go the batch route! This might turn into an Aventus thread soon enough!!

agreed. they are all the same. i won't even check my batch number.

the difference is personal, YMMV etc and what people pick up with their nose

Ooops....

proxy.php

(What is this Aventus story?)

agreed. they are all the same. i won't even check my batch number.

the difference is personal, YMMV etc and what people pick up with their nose

...my point exactly!

Ooops....

proxy.php

(What is this Aventus story?)

LOL'ing at your pic. :001_smile

Creed Aventus (a popular fragrance) has had 'batch variation' issues shall we say... Plenty over on Basenotes about that. Let's not start that over here as well.

Top Bottom