What's new

The HOLY GRAIL OF DE RAZORS

The Grail razor for me has always been the #15 Aristo. It took me a year to find one, it's one of the few razors I love so much that I don't use it often. I settle for a #77/88. Life's tough!

Like many on this forum, i found myself buying all sorts of razors both straights & safety razors and vintage & new. This one has become my mainstay and I'm very happy with it.

The Kent brush is one of my favorite bowl lathering brushes.

did u mean for it to look like a heart because u love kents so much?? lol

and too the OP, the possibilities are endless. start with the cheap stuff that is easy to get. everyong needs the cheap stuff to start the collection. while u r looking for the cheaper stuff is when u have the possibility of finding the readyy good stuff.

The Grail razor for me has always been the #15 Aristo. It took me a year to find one, it's one of the few razors I love so much that I don't use it often. I settle for a #77/88. Life's tough!

Likewise, i just wanted a barberpole gillette, i ended up with a #21, then the '34, now i have a #15 also. My holy grails have been found....now just a toggle, bulldog and double ring :D

$20130112_103006(0).jpg

$20130218_170856.jpg

$photo 1.jpg

I got the #15 replated but sadly i don't have any updated pictures of it yet :(

Last edited:
So far I have a EJ89, A Merkur 30c and a nice Schick Krona that was Pif'd to me from mftoms59. B&B members have all been very kind to this newbie.

...Tell me what should I look for that would be an awesome find. I have seen Rolls Razors a plenty in the antique stores, but I am still in the learning stages....

Tlentz

All good advice to date but I just say - get the lot! Or at least a reasonable chunk of it.

There is no way to tell where your AD will take you. My Holy Grail may hold no interest for you, and visa versa. Like Mark said, Get em all!

These have been my major razor stepping-stones since I rediscovered traditional shaving and bought my Edwin Jagger DE87 in January 2011:

EJ DE87
full

Ball-end Old Type
full

Micromatic open-comb
full

Mühle 2011 R41 (with NY Shaving Co. Mariner)
full

Weber DLC with original Classic handle
full

Weber DLC with Bulldog handle
full

Fatip with Weber Bulldog handle
full

Fatip with UFO Goliath handle
full

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as the holy grail of DE it would have to be the model 195 bottom dial 1 to 5 adjustable. They don't get much harder to find that that rare variation
I second this. If you can find a bottom dial adjustable your either very lucky or a very serious collector.

You know for me and I'm still debating would have to be the Eclipse red ring razor. I have a member sending me one to use for a bit and this will let me know if the image of my "Grail" razor holds up to real world use. I'm hoping it will. Till then the myth from reality is undecided.

AHHHH You guys are killing me, I didn't know all these treasures were out there. The LOT is insane! Way cool collection!

AHHHH You guys are killing me, I didn't know all these treasures were out there. The LOT is insane! Way cool collection!

Top Bottom