What's new

The HOLY GRAIL OF DE RAZORS

My B&B brothers and sisters that are out there. Thank you for my new addiction to all things wet shaving. I think I have a full blown case of "what should I buy next, without my wife knowing". I have been searching here and there at various flea markets, antique stores, neighbors medicine cabinets for my next albeit first great find.

Tell me what should I look for that would be an awesome find. I have seen Rolls Razors a plenty in the antique stores, but I am still in the learning stages.

Many thanks in advance!

HELP!!!!!!

Tlentz

For the past 2 years the Merkur Vision has been my favorite razor. It's not everybody's cup of tea but I find that I have to force myself to NOT uses it otherwise I would never uses any of my other razors and I enjoy shaving with a different razor every day. In fact I am so afraid of getting addicted the Vision that I have NOT used it in almost a months now :001_smile

My last shave with it was 1/18/2013

proxy.php

Very cool looking razor Turtle, thanks for the input. How do you like the Kent Brush?
Tlentz

For the past 2 years the Merkur Vision has been my favorite razor. It's not everybody's cup of tea but I find that I have to force myself to NOT uses it otherwise I would never uses any of my other razors and I enjoy shaving with a different razor every day. In fact I am so afraid of getting addicted the Vision that I have NOT used it in almost a months now :001_smile

My last shave with it was 1/18/2013

proxy.php

I can only speak of my own crooked path into this thing we call DE shaving. I started over five years ago developing my shaving, been DE shaving for almost 8 years. My interest took me to this:
$Gillettes.jpg
All major Gillettes

including these:

Bobs Razor works handles
I then focused on this:

Golden Slim

and finally landed here:

My Holy Grail Combo. Weber handle, Feather head, Ikon baseplates

So you see, there's no way one will know where the path leads. Enjoy your shaves!

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW, what an amazing collection, your combo is incredible. Love that silver open comb with that great handle also. What is that?

I can only speak of my own crooked path into this thing we call DE shaving. I started over five years ago developing my shaving, been DE shaving for almost 8 years. My interest took me to this:
View attachment 325596
All major Gillettes

including these:

Bobs Razor works handles
I then focused on this:

Golden Slim

and finally landed here:

My Holy Grail Combo. Weber handle, Feather head, Ikon baseplates

So you see, there's no way one will know where the path leads. Enjoy your shaves!

My B&B brothers and sisters that are out there. Thank you for my new addiction to all things wet shaving. I think I have a full blown case of "what should I buy next, without my wife knowing". I have been searching here and there at various flea markets, antique stores, neighbors medicine cabinets for my next albeit first great find.

Tell me what should I look for that would be an awesome find. I have seen Rolls Razors a plenty in the antique stores, but I am still in the learning stages.

Many thanks in advance!

HELP!!!!!!

Tlentz

What do you have already?

WOW, what an amazing collection, your combo is incredible. Love that silver open comb with that great handle also. What is that?

That is my BRW (Bobs Razor works) Bull Mastiff handle in brass and plated in nickel. The other ones are in solid bronze, The old type is chemically treated to look like it has been dragged out of a WWI trench recently. All handles made by Cooncatbob, an artisan and former member here. Sadly he passed a year ago.

$raz2_s.jpg

Many thanks in advance!

HELP!!!!!!

Tlentz
attachment.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Many thanks in advance!

HELP!!!!!!

Tlentz

Personally I would say that my razors look like carts in comparison to this one:

proxy.php

Come to think of it almost any razor known to mankind would! :001_tt1: This could seriously be the 'Flying Dutchman' of a lifetime.:laugh:

I have been collecting only about a year, but I think my Holy Grail of razors would be an early Gillette Double Ring. I use and collect strictly vintage Gillettes. To me they are the industry standard of all razors, and classy.

As far as the holy grail of DE it would have to be the model 195 bottom dial 1 to 5 adjustable. They don't get much harder to find that that rare variation

The Grail razor for me has always been the #15 Aristo. It took me a year to find one, it's one of the few razors I love so much that I don't use it often. I settle for a #77/88. Life's tough!

Top Bottom