What's new

Comparisons for Mike's Hungarian Lavender?

I enjoy using lavender soaps during the spring and early summer. I'm using AOS Lavender shaving cream right now, which smells great--floral, a bit sharp even--but isn't a great performer, for me. When that's finished, I'll be using my DR Harris Lavender, which performs well but doesn't have a great Lavender scent. This led me to thinking on Mike's, which I haven't tried but would like to soon.

Any thoughts on the Hungarian Lavender? Thanks.

No thoughts on Mike's Hungarian Lavender since I have never used any of his soaps BUT.... Giving serious consideration to getting something.... ANYTHING.... from him..... soon... maybe... :001_smile

I have a whole drawer full of samples from all over, but Mike's soaps are the ones I find myself reaching for. The HL is fantastic, as is the lemongrass eucalyptus, lime, well everything is great. Grab some samples from him, you won't look back!

Mike's soaps are great performing but I didn't care for the scents until he released the Hungarian Lavender and someone sent me a sample. It's really a world class scented soap. Up there with anything else available. I'm still puzzled as to why I haven't bought any.

Will fix that soon.

I think you will be very pleased with a tin/bar of Mike's Hungrian Lavender. I personally think it is his best overall scent. Of course, that's an entirey subjective thing. But on the same note, I think his lavender is the best lavender scent I've tried, which includes Mike's, DRH, and MW among many others. His lavender is much more in line with what wild lavender actually smells like rather than just pure floral elements - it has a certain deep camphor that makes it unique.

....When that's finished, I'll be using my DR Harris Lavender, which performs well but doesn't have a great Lavender scent. This led me to thinking on Mike's, which I haven't tried but would like to soon.

Any thoughts on the Hungarian Lavender? Thanks.

First let me say that I like the subtle scent of DRH Lavender. It's probably my favorite Harris scent. I don't care for the more pungent lavenders like Castle Forbes. Mike's is somewhere in between.

So this was my year NOT to buy new soaps as I started the year with way too many and planned to finish some off before buying new ones. But with all the talk of Mike's I figured a couple of samples wouldn't hurt. The first sample I tried was Hungarian Lavender. I don't think my aftershave was even dry before I ordered a full tin of it. It smells that good. What I like is that the scent is strongest when loading the brush and lathering, then settles down once on the face. It reminds me of South of France lavender bath soap in that regard. So far Hungarian Lavender has been my favorite of the 4 Mike's scents I have.

I've tried Cella and Mike's Hungarian Lavender, while I can't be of any help for Lavender scent comparisons, Mike's is the BEST soap I have found.
The ingredients are basically skin food themselves. Plus the loads of lather and a seemingly never-ending sample!

I second this, I've literally gotten 20 shaves out of one sample and it's still probably got another 10 out of it.

Top Bottom