What's new

BIC Metal?

I have seen many a recommendation for the BIC Metal as a good disposable when in need of one to replace a DE in a pinch. Apparently the metal safety bar gives a similar feel to DE?

When I travel, I try to go carry-on as much as possible so the BIC metal sounds like the ideal razor for my travel needs since TSA disallows DE blades in carry-on.

The only problem is, I'd like to give them a try before I tie myself to them for travel, and I can't for the life of me find them locally. The only single-edge disposables available are the cheapo BIC orange/yellow razors that seemed so modern as a kid. On the internet, I can only find mega packs of them for sale.

Does anyone know where I can find a single pack of BIC Metals?

Thanks, Lou. I saw them there, but they need a $50 order for free shipping, and all I wanted was the pack of BIC Metals, which they were going to charge me more than $5 shipping on!

Very good disposable single edge razors. Very hard to find eben in Europe. I know a place where you can get them, if somebody is interested, just pm me. The orange bic is also a cheap disposable one.

If you're in the US, try the larger Bed Bath & Beyond stores. I found them there for $1.99 for a 5-pack. They also had Wilkinson Sword DE blades for a decent price.

Hey Robby,

I found them at a local Walgreens... If you will send me a PM with your address, I'll put a couple in the mail for you... :biggrin:

I've just used the bic metal on this last trip (two shaves in the hotel and one in the airport) and while it's not the same it was nicer than a multi blade disposable for me. Rasco beat me to the offer of sending a couple. Us travelers (and shaving fun types) have to be supportive of one another.

I found mine in a local independent pharmacy, I'm going to grab another pack next time I'm in just in case I run into troubles finding them down the road.

Well, it's true that this is the most generous bunch of people anywhere!

Thanks for the offers... I actually got another via PM yesterday and a January secret Santa is going to be sending me a few.

Thanks fellas!

+1

Lurve the BIC Metals

They shave like a ghetto version of the old Gillette Tech's. Great transition blade for newbies seeking to make the switch from pivot heads to DE's. They can can get their technique down while they wait for their order to show up. Great travel and touch up blades.

I was in a Japanese supermarket recently (in the U.S.) and they had some KAI single blade disposables that were orange for 3/$1.99. I suspect these are good. KAI/Shun make some great knives. I probably should have bought a pack but I need more razors like I need a hole in my head.

even though this topic is a year old... just wanted to say i tried a bic metal this morning.. it was great... perfect for traveling with a shave stick

Great transition blade for newbies seeking to make the switch from pivot heads to DE's. They can can get their technique down while they wait for their order to show up. Great travel and touch up blades.

Exactly what I did when I quit using multi-blades. Made going to DE a fairly painless procedure. I still use them for travel.

I've found them locally at supermarkets (Fiesta, Carnival) that cater to the Mexican communities here in Dallas.

I have been using Bic Metals for about 10 years now.
They are hard to find. I think I picked up about 10 5packs at the local Christmas Tree Shop a few months back.
I've never used a real safety razor, but someone mentioned I should if I like the Metal so much

I'm not sure how you guys shave, but I'm just a shower shave guy... water only, no foams or lathers or whatever... I just wet my neck and go to down.
the Bic Metal gets a close shave for me and doesn't clog like the multi blade razors (save for my other standby, the Schick Slim Twin which has like an ejector strip between the blades)
The Yellow single bladed bics suck though...

I have been using Bic Metals for about 10 years now.
They are hard to find. I think I picked up about 10 5packs at the local Christmas Tree Shop a few months back.
I've never used a real safety razor, but someone mentioned I should if I like the Metal so much

I'm not sure how you guys shave, but I'm just a shower shave guy... water only, no foams or lathers or whatever... I just wet my neck and go to down.
the Bic Metal gets a close shave for me and doesn't clog like the multi blade razors (save for my other standby, the Schick Slim Twin which has like an ejector strip between the blades)
The Yellow single bladed bics suck though...

I like the Yellows.

And by the way, pretty much everybody on this site makes a rich shaving lather from a quality soap or cream rather than just using water.

Top Bottom