What's new

Free Parker 51!

At Darlington market today, going through one of the bric-a-brac stalls and found a Glen Miller 78 for 20p, that was'nt however the bargain.....behind the records there was a tin of odds and sods, and I found a Parker 51, on asking the lady how much for the pen, the lady chuckled and said oh its all rubbish in that tin, take it no charge. I kinda thought No Way......but gave the lady £2 and walked away with a Parker 51 with a 12ct rolled gold top and genuine 14ct nib. Washed it today and it writes beautifully. Photo attached.

Attachments

• $Parker & Miller.jpg
    $Parker & Miller.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 156
I think you made everyone jealous with that score, well done. I don't know how one get's a better deal than free. :thumbup:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Deal of the month so far, I'm sure.

Congrats, it really looks great! How the record?

It is amazing what some people think is rubbish.

Lucky you had "the eye" to save it from the bin men....

It is amazing what some people think is rubbish.

Lucky you had "the eye" to save it from the bin men....
It makes you wonder how many great pens, razors, and other collectibles end up in a land fill or incinerator because someone thought they were worthless trash. I try to avoid thinking about it because it's too depressing! :ohmy:

don't let brianw fool ya....he is pouting in the corner sucking his thumb....wondering how he missed that one....that man is all over the world finding these pens....LOL

Some people have all the luck! :glare:

Seriously though, great pick-up and good on you for leaving the owner some $ for the pen!

Top Bottom