What's new

Shaving the Adams apple

The hair on mine gows up & i find it very difficult to BBS without irritation,i can get results sticking my chin out & stretching the neck area but its not consistent,i have also tried Mantics "hold a swallow" method but to no avail,anyone have any more tips?:confused:

The Adams apple is the one place I worry more about the contours of the skin than the direction of the grain; try to think of it as a completely different section where most of the rules are suspended. I don't know how much skin you have on your neck but have you tried pulling it to the left or right to shave? I know it sounds weird, but I've found it to be a pretty effective tactic.

+1 on Rabid's comments.
I have the best luck stretching the skin to the side. The other issue for me is pressure- as in none. However much I pressure I apply to my skin elsewhere (and I aim for not much), I apply WAY less over my adams apple. I can drag the razor over the top, without stretching to the side, provided I use a gentle enough touch, short strokes, etc. Almost like I'm fixing spots I missed, if that makes sense. Seems to work pretty well for me. Lastly, if the hair grows up, avoid doing a N-S pass there until you've gone with the grain and across it (so, S-N, and E-W/W-E). If you are dragging the razor down on this up growing hair on your first pass, you'll tend to get more irritation. The hairs will tend to draw the razor into more contact with this very sensitive skin...
--Bill

Thanks for the replies guys,i have no excess skin on my neck but my beard growth is quite tough,i can get BBS eveywhere else but can cut my self easily on that part of my neck,will try the short slow passes s/n & e/w etc & see how its goes,thanks again,simon:001_smile

Rabid has nailed it on the ol' Adam's Apple...tread carefully and treat it as something completely different. Failing that, buy turtlenecks.

Top Bottom