What's new

Acquisitions for April 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found my first antique store score today, a Gem Junior
proxy.php

proxy.php

I found 100g tins of rose, sandalwood, and lavender talc today at a local Indian store. $3.99 each. I grabbed the Sandalwood to see how it works out. Old school metal tin and a cool find all round. Check your local stores. You never know what you may come across.

Cheers, Todd

I got some several years ago from our former member Beyboo. It works really well but sometimes the scent is way too strong for me. As for my local stores, none stock Yardley, or unfortunately the wonderful Cinthol talc. All they have is feminine-smelling Ponds talc. :sad:

Last edited:
Kev, I fully understand. This sandalwood is on the verge of being too feminine/sweet for my tastes. It is alright but I wouldn't pile it on. The scent seems to dissipate quickly though. I also saw the Mysore talc but remembering your admonitions about its feminine scent, passed it by. Unfortunately this store, like most Indian stores I have been in, do not carry any masculine toiletry products.

David, certainlt these are worth a look. I would ask first though if they have any opened you can smell. This sandalwood is okay by me but if the lavender is anything like most over the counter products it will be super sweet and pretty girlyman for most guys. There was a can of the sandalwood with a broken top which allowed me to determine the scent. No luck with the lavender. They all have adhesive labels over the twist tops.

Cheers, Todd

How'd I do? CT coastline antiques store and one in Plymouth, MA. All gotten for about $60

$photo(7).jpg

Hoffritz travel slant:

$photo(8).jpg

Nice Goodwill:

$photo(10).jpg

Open comb Damaskeene:

$photo(9).jpg

And a Single Ring...

I think this was all but a couple more things in the mail. Best gain was the GEM really enjoying that and worst those Blue soap sticks, chemical smell and half pie performance. Yes that is a "Veg" in there but I am not commenting yet.

$April Aq.jpg

Finally...got my hands on the ELUSIVE Merkur 11C and some "new" Prorasso....not an extreme haul, but I've lusted after that razor for a while.....

Here they are my last acquisitions from some forum mates:

- two vintage lanolized Williams Aqua Velva shaving cream tubes. Now I have enough for the next nuclear war!
- one vintage lanolized Omega shaving cream, to make couple with the other one I have (these ones only for regular next war, hehe)
- one puck of Penhaligon's English Fern shaving soap. I like the EdT so much that I couldn't stop until get the soap!

Cheers!

Here they are my last acquisitions from some forum mates:

- two vintage lanolized Williams Aqua Velva scented shaving cream tubes. Now I have enough for the next nuclear war!
- one vintage lanolized Omega shaving cream, to make couple with the other one I have (these ones only for regular next war, hehe)
- one puck of Penhaligon's English Fern shaving soap. I like the EdT so much that I couldn't stop until get the soap!

Cheers!

A Dr. I have had the privilege to know on his blog sent me this from Canada. He was the inspiration for my search & purchase of the Muehl-Pinsel case. So out of kindness he sent me a puck of Apollo blades. I have to say THANK YOU Dr. Steve! (Canadians are some mighty nice people:)

Attachments

• $IMG_20130409_181410_936.jpg
    $IMG_20130409_181410_936.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom