What's new

Mike's hand made soaps from Brooklyn.

MIKE's NATURAL SOAPS (A different poll)

• Handmade in the U.S.A.

• Handmade in Ann Arbor, MI

• Doesn't matter

Results are only viewable after voting.
Totally agreed. These are great performers and will last a realll long time. Working through some Barber Shop and lemon and eucalyptus myself.

I got a tin of the vetiver. Soap was good... good lather. Fragrance was way too faint. Couldn't smell it at all during or after shaving. Overall, I would say the soap is average.

The smell of Musgo Real is my very favorite, and has vetiver. Anyone that's tried Musgo Real and Mike's vetiver, do you have any thoughts? At all similar?

The smell of Musgo Real is my very favorite, and has vetiver. Anyone that's tried Musgo Real and Mike's vetiver, do you have any thoughts? At all similar?

Mike's smells more like Salter's... kind of nutty/smokey. The descriptions I have read of Musgo don't match this at all, so I wouldn't expect them to be the same. As I said the fragrance in Mike's is very faint as well.

love the hungarian lavender, actually i haven't found a scent of his i don't love and i have or tried almost all of them. can anybody distinguish between the scent of hungarian lavendar and the lavandin/eucalyptus? i have both soaps and quite honestly can't tell much of a difference, is there anything i should be looking for?

Love the Hungarian Lavender, also have the Vetiver and the Orange/Cedar/Black pepper - all 3 are top class performers, with great scents. I would imagine you would be buying a superb soap with any of them, so it's just down to your preferred fragrance.

WOW I wish my Hungarian Lavender sample made lather like that. I've tried at least 2 different combos and I can't get mine to look anything like that.

I got a new brush that I haven't tied yet (SOC cherry) and I might try it with that sometime soon.

Here is mine with a super floppy brush...enough for eight passes. I just got done with it again just five minutes ago. Amazing lather.

(just noticed, Brush looks like a face with a funky hair style.)

Attachments

• $IMG_20130326_195301_300.jpg
    $IMG_20130326_195301_300.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 599
  • $IMG_20130323_192124_888.jpg
    $IMG_20130323_192124_888.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 170
I received a tin of Mike's Vetiver last week and and its not faint in the least...great smokey/grassy smell.

I sent him a note after I received mine to say that the fragrance was good but way too faint. I didn't receive a response, but maybe he bumped it up some. The tin I got was similar to Salter's fragrance, imo, but much weaker. I would say maybe 1/4 of the intensity, or so. Couldn't even smell it while shaving.

I sent him a note after I received mine to say that the fragrance was good but way too faint. I didn't receive a response, but maybe he bumped it up some. The tin I got was similar to Salter's fragrance, imo, but much weaker. I would say maybe 1/4 of the intensity, or so. Couldn't even smell it while shaving.

Mike is usually very busy and has a hard time answering emails from what I gather.

I think the common advice is not to melt tallow soaps as they will scorch pretty easily. Mikes soaps have fantastic scents on their own and are, to me, not over done on the scents that might irritate your face.

Top Bottom