Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tried Mike's Natural Hungarian Lavender

Images

Thumbs up Tried Mike's Natural Hungarian Lavender

I posted this in the Reviews area too.

Got 2 samples of Mike's Natural Soaps Hungarian Lavendar Shaving Soap.

The soap is soft, and can be easily molded into any container you wish.
    The smell is quite pleasing. In fact, it's addictive. The soap lathers incredibly easily, and with a little work
    turns into thick, very rich lather. Like I said, the bar produces incredible amounts of lather, but doesn't seem to make a dent in it - so you get alot for your money.

Gives a nice, close shave and protects incredibly well against irritation.

Gives great protection, and leaves the skin feeling incredibly soft & smooth after a shave - and it lasts a long time.
    The smell from the soap is subtle and not overpowering when washed off.

Even though it has Tallow and other stuff in it, it is non-comodegenic.

This and Cella are now my absolute two favorites. Once I run out of Cella, I'm sticking with Mike's only.

Highly recommended.
    ~~Chris~~ - '59 Gillette Ball End Tech, Feather Blade, Mike's Lavender, EJ Aloe Vera AS

Yep Mikes is up there with the best I've tried (Tabac & MWF being my other favourites and Mike's kicks their backsides on scent). I have a brain bowl of MdeC on the way and will be very interested to see how it compares to Mikes. Suffice to say its got a shot at the title...
    '61 Fatboy, Feathers, SOC/Muhle Retro/Barberpole, Tabac/MdeC/Mike's/MWF, Alum, TOBS Gel,

I received Mike's Hungarian Lavender and Vetiver last week and both are fantastic soaps.
    Mike - - Hookem

Images

Big Mike's fan in general & Hungarian Lavender in particular. Great stuff!
    Evan

5. Default

Received my Mike's Hungarian Lavender as well last week. Top notch!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Evbo View Post
    Big Mike's fan in general & Hungarian Lavender in particular. Great stuff!
    +1
    Rudy, Central New Jersey
    'If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.'
    www.ultimatependesigns.com

Images

Totally agreed. These are great performers and will last a realll long time. Working through some Barber Shop and lemon and eucalyptus myself.

I got a tin of the vetiver. Soap was good... good lather. Fragrance was way too faint. Couldn't smell it at all during or after shaving. Overall, I would say the soap is average.

Kansas City, home of Arthur Bryant's Barbecue

The smell of Musgo Real is my very favorite, and has vetiver. Anyone that's tried Musgo Real and Mike's vetiver, do you have any thoughts? At all similar?
    nobody loves me but my mother, and she could be jivin' too

Quote Originally Posted by menghai View Post
    The smell of Musgo Real is my very favorite, and has vetiver. Anyone that's tried Musgo Real and Mike's vetiver, do you have any thoughts? At all similar?
    Mike's smells more like Salter's... kind of nutty/smokey. The descriptions I have read of Musgo don't match this at all, so I wouldn't expect them to be the same. As I said the fragrance in Mike's is very faint as well.

I received a tin of Mike's Vetiver last week and and its not faint in the least...great smokey/grassy smell.
    Mike - - Hookem

Images

love the hungarian lavender, actually i haven't found a scent of his i don't love and i have or tried almost all of them. can anybody distinguish between the scent of hungarian lavendar and the lavandin/eucalyptus? i have both soaps and quite honestly can't tell much of a difference, is there anything i should be looking for?
    Jamie, BOTSS

Images

Love the Hungarian Lavender, also have the Vetiver and the Orange/Cedar/Black pepper - all 3 are top class performers, with great scents. I would imagine you would be buying a superb soap with any of them, so it's just down to your preferred fragrance.
    [COLOR=#4b0082][I][B]Andy
    [/B][/I][/COLOR]Professional Member FFF
    Proud Member of [URL="http://badgerandblade.com/vb/group.php?groupid=153"]Godzone[/URL] and [URL="http://badgerandblade.com/vb/group.php?groupid=25"]Great Southern Land[/URL] drop in and say G'day!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post
    I received a tin of Mike's Vetiver last week and and its not faint in the least...great smokey/grassy smell.
    I sent him a note after I received mine to say that the fragrance was good but way too faint. I didn't receive a response, but maybe he bumped it up some. The tin I got was similar to Salter's fragrance, imo, but much weaker. I would say maybe 1/4 of the intensity, or so. Couldn't even smell it while shaving.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
    I sent him a note after I received mine to say that the fragrance was good but way too faint. I didn't receive a response, but maybe he bumped it up some. The tin I got was similar to Salter's fragrance, imo, but much weaker. I would say maybe 1/4 of the intensity, or so. Couldn't even smell it while shaving.
    Mike is usually very busy and has a hard time answering emails from what I gather.
    ~~Chris~~ - '59 Gillette Ball End Tech, Feather Blade, Mike's Lavender, EJ Aloe Vera AS

Quote Originally Posted by chrisf8657 View Post
    Mike is usually very busy and has a hard time answering emails from what I gather.
    I didn't expect a response from him... but I mentioned that to explain that I didn't know if he made any changes or not.

Images

Wasn't trying to be rude just explain what I know, but like you said a response would have been nice.

I just ordered a few samples of his stuff. I am super excited to try it, as I've only used glycerin soaps before and his scent selections sound top-notch. I think it's awesome that he does other, regular soaps too. That way when I buy her a gift (some awesome bath soap) I can sneak more shave soap in for me! Secret hoarding justification!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by VeLoRoK View Post
    I just ordered a few samples of his stuff. I am super excited to try it, as I've only used glycerin soaps before and his scent selections sound top-notch. I think it's awesome that he does other, regular soaps too. That way when I buy her a gift (some awesome bath soap) I can sneak more shave soap in for me! Secret hoarding justification!
    You'll love the tallow soaps, trust me. All I used before was glycerin soaps too, but found the Tallow soaps help my skin & protect better.

Quote Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
    He may have...I love the scent. Also, Mike's Lily of the Valley is very nice.
    Mike - - Hookem