What's new

Bulletproof Coffee?

I do a version of it with coconut oil sometimes. I think it tastes pretty good but the oiliness takes a little getting used to. I couldn't tell you how it works for weight loss, but it's a decent breakfast if I'm in a hurry.

I don't like it myself. But those who do usually do it first thing in the morning and don't eat anything until lunch time or dinner. Primal style eating does help many lose weight with or without the BPC. However, having a BPC followed up by pastries or a bowl of cereal will probably have the opposite effect.

My take is that is can be an appetite suppressant for some people.

If you wan't to read a bunch more:

www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread43406.html

Includes commentary from the inventor.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I do not buy the Bulletproof Execs beans but do regularly drink whole bean coffee with coconut oil and grass feed butter. I use a immersion blender to whip it up, IMO this gives it a better consistency than just stirring in the fat.

Bulletproof coffee was too greasy & too messy for me. I do a variant of it that I got from DH Kiefer. 1tbsp MCT oil + 2tbsp heavy cream + 1tbsp SF caramel syrup (that was my own addition) + 1/2 scoop chocolate whey powder. I mix this all up in a cup and take it to work and stir it in with my 9:30 coffee (so my first pot of the day is still 0 calorie and allows me to stay in a fasted state).

Sounds kind of gross actually.

I think I'll just chomp on a stick of butter while guzzling down my "toxin laden" Starbucks coffee.

I do not buy the Bulletproof Execs beans but do regularly drink whole bean coffee with coconut oil and grass feed butter. I use a immersion blender to whip it up, IMO this gives it a better consistency than just stirring in the fat.

I'm going to regret asking this, but let's say hypothetically that I'd consider mixing my perfectly good coffee with butter and coconut oil. How much butter and cconut oil do you add to howich coffee?

(Please understand that I am not committing to trying or not trying anything!)

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I always eyeball it so can't give exact measurements, but if I had to guess it would be 15oz of coffee with 1T of butter and 1t of oil.

Top Bottom