What's new

Need some help with an EDC ballpoint.

I bought The Bolt in solid brass. I really like it!

$uploadfromtaptalk1407795948626.jpg

If you want a sexy bolt pen, IMHO the maxmadco is the one to beat. I have the stainless version and it is beautifully machined. Can't even see the seams where the barrel comes apart. Takes Parker style refills, so there are lots of options, including the space pen refill if that's what you're into.

If you want a sexy bolt pen, IMHO the maxmadco is the one to beat. I have the stainless version and it is beautifully machined. Can't even see the seams where the barrel comes apart. Takes Parker style refills, so there are lots of options, including the space pen refill if that's what you're into.
OK. Now I have to Google info on that pen!

I bought a Karas Retrakt and my clip is angled. Waiting to hear back from them. I have. G2 ball in it and the pen doesn't have a solid click. Still a nice pen.

I have a Parker Jotter that I picked up prior to college - works excellent.

I have also picked up a Pilot MR ballpoint to flesh out the collection (save for the pencil, where I can't find anywhere).

This thread has really gotten the gears turning in the 'new toy' part of my brain. I really like the copper Bolt, but it's too rich for my blood. Do you guys know of any other copper pens that are worth checking out? I'm thinking fountain pen or ballpoint, but I don't want to detract from the original intent of this thread. I really like the idea of a raw copper pen that will age with use.

This thread has really gotten the gears turning in the 'new toy' part of my brain. I really like the copper Bolt, but it's too rich for my blood. Do you guys know of any other copper pens that are worth checking out? I'm thinking fountain pen or ballpoint, but I don't want to detract from the original intent of this thread. I really like the idea of a raw copper pen that will age with use.
Not aware of any copper pens, but Kaweco does have some aluminum (or other metal) pens that "age" with usage. One that they have that is "pre-aged" is their stonewashed pen.

Real copper? There is the Karas Kustoms retract, render k, and bolt. Their newest pen (the ink, can be had as a rollerball or a fountain pen) can be ordered with a copper grip section.

Matthew Martin has some copper clicks pens.

Hinderer makes a copper investigator pen, as well as a copper extreme duty.

The countycomm embassy pen can be had in pure copper, as well.

Fisher offers a few bullet pens in a copper colored finish, though it's not pure copper, just a coating over brass.

Retro51 also makes the Lincoln tornado in rollerball and as a fountain pen, but again, this is a antiqued copper finish over a brass barrel.

What can I say? I like copper...

Zebra F701. SS, relatively weighty, nice writer, about $5 at Walmart. Or the F402, better handling but I do not like the rubber grip.

The 701 is a really good pen. Very nice ink.
There's a whole subcult of people modifying the pen to accept the Fisher refill and they like to swap the clicker for the 402/clicker.

I had a 701, but lost it. :(

You might like CountyComm.com's machined pen. Very well done. Starts under 50 bucks.

Top Bottom