• Only SE, only traditional blades

• Only SE, but Injectors too

• Mostly SE, some DE

• About 50-50 SE-DE

• Normally DE, but SE every now and then

• Single Edge? They still make those?

• Bacon is the candy of meats

Results are only viewable after voting.
At the time of this thread, there were 1,804 threads in the Single Edged section compared to 30,733 threads in the Double Edged section. That's a little less than 6%.

I want to know how many of the posters in this section are truly committed single-edge blade shavers versus how many go back and forth between DE and SE. (This concerns only safety razors, I didn't factor straights into my thinking.)

I use a SE for headshaving most of the time with the occasional use of a HeadBlade if I'm in a bit of a rush. I mostly faceshave with a DE razor. I travel a few days per month with work and the only razor I take with me is a g-bar.

Whether or not you use straights I decided not to consider, since "SE vs DE" is a safety razor thing. Straights are a whole different kettle of fish; I use them as well on occasion, but in terms of safety razors I only use SEs (including Schicks).

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Mostly DE, except on Single Edge Sunday. On occasion, I'll do a single pass with a new SE in the course of my normal shave, just to try it out. As for variety, I have mostly traditional blade razors, but I have one injector that I use, and a ladies injector that's a curiosity.

The other interesting thing I'd like to see is how rapidly the switch occurred for those who are primarily SE users (since it's practically a given that someone switched to SE from DE).

I know in my case once I tried that first Injector it was within about a month that I stopped using (and later sold/gave away) my DEs. I keep a few as historical curiosities or for sentimental reasons, but I don't use them anymore. I don't even have any DE blades.

The other interesting thing I'd like to see is how rapidly the switch occurred for those who are primarily SE users (since it's practically a given that someone switched to SE from DE).

I know in my case once I tried that first Injector it was within about a month that I stopped using (and later sold/gave away) my DEs. I keep a few as historical curiosities or for sentimental reasons, but I don't use them anymore. I don't even have any DE blades.

Same with me--After my first SE shave,my DE's went on the B/S/T never to be missed

I'm a LOSER... I got on the SE bandwagon about 6 weeks ago. I haven't even picked up a DE since.... My DE's are going on sale this week...

I couldn't answer, my option is missing/not included, strictly Injectors since March 2012, except for a 5 shave stint with my 4 y/o son's Krona. I'm also holding a Gillette Fat-Handle, Gem G-Bar & Clog-Pruf for him to choose his style of shaving. Since the switch, I haven't had an urge for DE or Gem Shaving, and the Krona Fling was on a whim, brief and unfulfilling.

I alternate between DE and SE razors (including injectors). Every four or five days I select a new razor.

Just recently, I got a few Gems and Ever-Ready SE razors, and I have been alternating between these and DE. I have also been using DE and SE concurrently, using both during the same shave. There seem to be some advantages in using both, but overall, I get less irritation from SE. I'll probably continue to experiment for awhile.

Once I tried an ER 1912, I never looked back. I progressed to a GEM OCMM and then to an ER Streamline. Haven't tried one of my many DEs again.

Top Bottom