• Only SE, only traditional blades

• Only SE, but Injectors too

• Mostly SE, some DE

• About 50-50 SE-DE

• Normally DE, but SE every now and then

• Single Edge? They still make those?

• Bacon is the candy of meats

Results are only viewable after voting.
I only use SEs but also have a TracII for when time is scarce. Please don't tell the "shave police" that I still use a cartridge.

Do votes for "Bacon is the candy of meats" get counted as 100% SE?

Nowadays SE Ever Ready & Gem various models pretty much most of my shaves, occasionally Schick injector E & G models. Very occasionally DE.
Once in a blue moon a shavette, but struggle with getting through a shave with it.

After my first SE shave it was a rapid 'downhill' slide for me. After several years of wet shaving I had accumulated five DEs and never felt the tug of RAD. After that first SE shave a few months ago I was hooked. I still occasionally shave with a DE for contrast but I'm almost entirely SE/injector now. And I now own six DEs and probably a dozen injectors, fifty SEs and four Rolls Razors. Oh my, I think I have a prolem...

At the time of this thread, there were 1,804 threads in the Single Edged section compared to 30,733 threads in the Double Edged section. That's a little less than 6%.

I want to know how many of the posters in this section are truly committed single-edge blade shavers versus how many go back and forth between DE and SE. (This concerns only safety razors, I didn't factor straights into my thinking.)

My brother got me into DE shaving. He uses a DE 6 out of 7 days a week but mainly uses another site, straight razor something. for SE users

I can't even remember the last time I used a DE. It might have been a few months back when I tried a Milord I got off the BST. Hated the shave and never looked back. I've kept my DE stuff, but I don't think I'll use them unless I run out of SE blades.

It has been 50/50 for me until the last month or so. I went on a GEM SE buying binge and made some interesting discoveries comparing them.....

That will be the topic of a new thread down the road once I get the last couple in the stable to evaluate.

:shifty:

I love the Henckels Rapide with the Gem SS blades. Although I respect the Muhle R41 with Feather DE blades, I find them more irritating and I get cuts, something that strangely doesn't happen with the Henckels. So when I occasionally use DE, I use my ABC silver Gillette pocket edition razor from 1918. But I don't get as close with it as the Henckels, which gives me fabulously close BBS shaves.

I love the Henckels Rapide with the Gem SS blades. Although I respect the Muhle R41 with Feather DE blades, I find them more irritating and I get cuts, something that strangely doesn't happen with the Henckels. So when I occasionally use DE, I use my ABC silver Gillette pocket edition razor from 1918. But I don't get as close with it as the Henckels, which gives me fabulously close BBS shaves.
Plus one on the Rapide. Hands down the nicest razor I've ever used.

I only have my Schick 1943 E3 now ... no DE at all.

Also have a Gillette Fusion Pro-Glide Power which I think is a wonderful razor and to hell with worrying about the blade price.

Not sure what to vote for as there is no Injectors only option ;]

I'm 50-50 depending on my mood.

50/50 between the two.

It has been 50/50 for me until the last month or so. I went on a GEM SE buying binge and made some interesting discoveries comparing them.....

That will be the topic of a new thread down the road once I get the last couple in the stable to evaluate.

:shifty:
Im a 50/50 shaver too, i do love my Streamline a bit over near the 55 % ratio though.:001_smile

I love using my SE's but don't come near a 50/50 ratio. Usually when I pick up one of my SE's I use it for a month or so in a row but all in all my DE's get a lot more use.

I'm a "binge shaver"

I'll get started with one type of razor and use it until I burn out (typically a week or so) then switch up and binge on a different type.

I DE shave more than any other but that can change at a moment's notice :001_smile

SE blades are the blessing and curse. They are superior to the limp DE blades but are scarcer. Nonetheless, I'm 100% SE including injectors. Ditching all DE razors & blades.

When I switched I thought the same thing, "Now I can't get good blades because there's no selection." There are a thousand brands of DE blades and basically only two of SE and one of Injector (not barring the...er...fun...of trying to hunt down old Plus Platinum Injector blades.)

Fortunately, the ASR SE blades that are available are good. I have had no complaints about any of them, so I bought a tray of a hundred of them and I'm good for a long while. Even the Chicks aren't bad to shave with, much as I'd prefer not to buy a Chinese-made product.

Today I ran out of SE blades, used the DE instead. Last time. I hunted through town today to find a pack of SE blades and I'm sticking with SE's here on out.

Top Bottom