• 70s

• 60s

• 50s

• 40s

• 30s

• 20s

• Teens

Results are only viewable after voting.
26, I've been DE shaving for around two years, SE shaving for almost two months now. It has been such an improvement over cans and Mach 3's.

56 Years Old - and started DE shaving in 1972... During college years later - went with the latest craze (then), the Gillette Atra (or something??) It was the first razor I ever used with a pivoting head - and I think it was a new "product" for Gillette??... Returned back to DE shaving a while ago...

John

I'm 37

I've been at it for about two years now. I got my start after reading an article on Reddit that got my wheels turning as I was unhappy with my Fusion and the cost of blades.

Last edited by a moderator:
20 here. Only been DE shaving for a couple of months now. Beginning to notice an improvement as my technique gradually gets better.

27 almost 28. Been wet shaving with a DE for about a month and half now. Never lookin back again.

PS I hope there isn't a member in the 80's on here that I will offend by not having a selection for him/her :001_unsur.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
My age...? I was born during the Chinese Year of the Pig. OK, OK...I'm 54!
proxy.php

attachment.php
"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind...it doesn't matter". Mark Twain

Uhh...yeesh
I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed that I'm.........not even of age yet, we'll leave it at that haha

Fine, 2 months til I'm 18.

Oh yeah, went to an Art of Shaving store at a luxury mall (luxury attracts me :D), picked up a standard badger brush and some sandalwood soap for a hundred bucks, got a Merkur 23c online along with 100 Astra SPs, and that was 3 months ago.

Now I'm moving up to bowl lathering (just ordered a $40 bowl) and Stainless steel (just ordered a Weber wave with polished head).

Goals:
Incorporate aftershave and preshave material into my schedule.
Go for a /nice/ stainless steel (I'm thinking Pils, Tradere SB, or Atlas R1)
Master a BBS (still an unfulfilled vision, maybe a Merkur 23c and Astras are just a bad combo for me)
Move onto some decent blades (Gillettes, Super Iridiums, etc.)
Buy a good stand. Somewhere in the $100-200 range
And somewhere down the line, transition to straight razor shaving :lol: (with a custom straight that has my family name engraved in it)

[you may be able to tell, I wet shave for the luxury]

Last edited:
Top Bottom