What's new

How much water a cream can take - I'm suprised

I've tended to keep my creams a little drier when lathering...and following a suggestion on this board, decided to go the other way.

I added far more water to the scuttle than I usually do.

I was very suprised.

I thought the cream (I was using C.O. Bigelow) would not whip up as well. Just the opposite.

So...moral of the story...water is good.

I agree. I've recently started adding more water as well with great results. Its easy to under-hydrate I think.

I watched Mantic's videos and then experimented by adding more and more water as he does in one of his videos. Experimenting with more and more water, until I made a runny lather, was about the best thing that occurred in my "creating lather" education.

that's one plus for face lathering: you can keep adding water as you build on your face until it is truly perfect (at least theoretically). I've found the quality of my lather has improved drastically after beginning face-lathering...probably due to the immediate feedback as to the quality.

When I first got my proraso green, I played around with lathering. I thought I was doing alright, but my shaves were real bad. I started adding ALOT more water than I thought necessary and wow, best thing I could have done. I think as a newbie, I was afraid to ruin the lather with too much water. I was just ruining my face instead.

i actually shaved with aqua di parma yesterday, you look at the open tub and it gives an optical illusion as if there was water inside, so you turn it around and try to shake it out, and you notice that the cream is 2 steps from dry cement, take a but with a small tea spoon, a chunk a bit smaller then my thumbnail, it produced a thick lather that i had to keep adding water too, i would shave and keep dipping the brush tip in water to keep the lather managable, plus it seems that the ammount i´ve used was more then the recomended dose, so i had enough aqua di parma lather to shave for a week,

yes, its amazing the ammount of lather and the amount of water that lather would take,

Top Bottom