What's new

Ink Review: Pelikan Edelstein Tanzanite

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Here is my first meager attempt at an ink review. In the swab section, the number under the swab indicates how many daubs I did to make the line. I also did a water test with air dry (right) and a water test in which I dried it by wiping a paper towel over it (left). Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• $Edelstein_Tanzanite.jpg
    $Edelstein_Tanzanite.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 155
Owen, I am honored that you wrote about me in your first ink review! :blushing: Nice review, that is a rather lovely blue-black. You should make this a regular thing, think of all the extra enabling you can do!

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Nice first review, Owen! This ink seems more blue than the more grey 4001 blue-black that is not available here in the USA any longer.

I'll send you a sample as soon as I get an empty vial.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Owen, I am honored that you wrote about me in your first ink review! :blushing: Nice review, that is a rather lovely blue-black. You should make this a regular thing, think of all the extra enabling you can do!
Well, I have A couple more Edelstein samples that haven't been reviewed yet, plus a couple Diamines. I want the nib size to stay consistent, so I will probably flush my Lamy Al-Star medium tonight and load up another ink. It was kind of fun, even though I don't know all the terms the form had (I left those blank). Thanks, Ed.

On edit: maybe I should say I cannot quantify the lines I left blank.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Nice first review, Owen! This ink seems more blue than the more grey 4001 blue-black that is not available here in the USA any longer.

I'll send you a sample as soon as I get an empty vial.
Why thank you, Doug. I will definitely do a review of it, too.

On edit- I printed up a few forms, so I will go ahead and put the Edelstein sample in the comparison section of the form I use to review the 4001.

Looking to add a Pelikan ink to my stable as I currently only have Noodler's. I love blue/blacks and this one looks great. Thanks for the review.

Great review Owen, I really like the Edelstein inks, although I only have sample experience with them, I think a full sized bottle will be in my future at some point

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Looking to add a Pelikan ink to my stable as I currently only have Noodler's. I love blue/blacks and this one looks great. Thanks for the review.
The Edelstein line is about double the price, but so far I like it. I hope to compare it to Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black, but that isn't available through US distributors, so the extra cost may warrant the Edelstein purchase.
Great review Owen, I really like the Edelstein inks, although I only have sample experience with them, I think a full sized bottle will be in my future at some point
Thanks. I have Onyx, Topaz, and at least one other sample at home. I will be doing reviews of each.

On edit: this first review was fun. Is their such a thing as Review AD? :biggrin:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
It's B&B, of course there is! I just coined the term "pen pal AD" in a letter to Christopher (rockminer) yesterday.
:biggrin: tomorrow's review- Edelstein Topaz.

On edit: I will throw Diamine Denim in the mix, with a comparison sample of the other ink on each dedicated review. Kind of a Edelstein vs. Dianmine thing.

Last edited:
Looking forward to it! You don't need to enable me in all your reviews, I will understand.

:biggrin: tomorrow's review- Edelstein Topaz.

On edit: I will throw Diamine Denim in the mix, with a comparison sample of the other ink on each dedicated review. Kind of a Edelstein vs. Dianmine thing.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I forgot to give credit where it was due: the ink sample was supplied by Dave258. Thanks, Dave

Top Bottom