Thread: Cobra classic razor.

Default Cobra classic razor.

NOTE: I am not trying to buy or fish for this razor outside of the BST forum just venting.

I almost had one last weekend but the guy flaked on me $250 just one city over from me probably a scam. I have tried everything imaginable to get my hands on one, BST, Ebay, Amazon and the one and only vendor with zero luck. This is the first razor I want but cannot get. Is this razor really as good as legend has it? DOes this razor shave any better than a high end DE like a Pils, Feather, Tradere etc?
    The greatest thing about this hobby of ours is this place.

Hello

Got an email from a vendor today. The Cobra should be in stock in a couple of weeks.

I got the same Email. Are you on a wait list or did you do like me and ask? Luckily their storefront is only 80 miles from my front door so when it is time I am going to have one my guys run over and grab a few.

I'm on the wait list, but it is first come first served.

The vendor is located in the UK.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gary H View Post
    NOTE: I am not trying to buy or fish for this razor outside of the BST forum just venting.

I almost had one last weekend but the guy flaked on me $250 just one city over from me probably a scam. I have tried everything imaginable to get my hands on one, BST, Ebay, Amazon and the one and only vendor with zero luck. This is the first razor I want but cannot get. Is this razor really as good as legend has it? DOes this razor shave any better than a high end DE like a Pils, Feather, Tradere etc?
    It's good, but I don't know if it's $250-maybe-you-get-it-maybe-you-don't good. That's $100 over retail, at least when I bought mine.

Be patient -- one is bound to turn up sooner or later. Good luck.
    Cheers,
    Francesco

3017: A Soap Odyssey

It's really good, wen I bought it I paid more then $250 (price of the razor + more then $110 customs taxes and fine). I have recently traded it for some other razor not because I didn't like it but I prefer to use my Feather and kai razors that work with the same blades. They come on BST once in a while here and on other shave forums, I find a a very easy razor even for beginners.

7. Default

They're very good, but I was happy to let mine go because I can get equally good shaves with $15 Schick Injector razors so it was an easy decision.
    Member of SABRE Brian

After looking out for one on BST for a long time, I got lucky some time back. Like you, I was intrigued about the legendary status and wanted to try it. Loved the close and effective shaves but was put down by two factors - expensive blades and uncomfortable handle. Sold mine on BST just a few days back!
    Good Luck.

Thaks to all I will see if I can get on the wait list and hopefully get one from the next batch. Pretty smart of the manufacturer to keep the supply at a medium low level to keep us razor fans hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebriz View Post
    They're very good, but I was happy to let mine go because I can get equally good shaves with $15 Schick Injector razors so it was an easy decision.
    any particular schick, or all of them in general?
    Go BBS or Go Home

Images

I have a good # of razors, and some of them are great. But the Cobra is all I use now. It gives me consistently close, smooth shaves. Those Feather Pro blades are killer.

IMO, it's worth the wait. Good luck!
    Evan

Quote Originally Posted by Gary H View Post
    . Is this razor really as good as legend has it? DOes this razor shave any better than a high end DE like a Pils, Feather, Tradere etc?
    IMO,yes.
    For some reason I have yet to determine, I prefer the OC Tradere (a little), but the Cobra is the best performer in my stable.
    Don
    Charter Member of the He-Man Arko Haters Club.
    Participant in The Year of Gentlemanly Shenanigans (FAILED 4/1/14).

Images

I definitely liked it but it wasn't a "holy grail" razor. I would have kept it no problem but the handle was just too slippery for me.
    - Josh -

Images

The razors mentioned by OP are really nice , but I think the cobra is something else. The life on the blades is superior to a de and really not an issue to me.

Keep looking, IMHO.
    --Jon. "Love me some 14s"

Images

Use Cobra nearly exclusively every day. Sold most of my DE's (Weber, ATT H1, R1, R41) Tried a Straight (Hart) and sold (after a several week test)...am using a CJB with a Feather blade when I have time and inclination. Cobra is for me the best and I am glad that I purchased....Good Luck, hope you find one and it works for you1
    Jeff Br

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tm3 View Post
    any particular schick, or all of them in general?
    For me, the M adjustable and the G both shave equally well. I'm sure some earlier models would too, especially the E for example.
    Member of SABRE Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebriz View Post
    For me, the M adjustable and the G both shave equally well. I'm sure some earlier models would too, especially the E for example.
    Cool! To think my little G approximates the Cobra for >$200 less. might be something for the OP to pick up while waiting.
    Go BBS or Go Home