What's new

my wineador

So I thought I'd share one of the projects that I have been up to and have finished recently.

I just finished my wineador. I built this out of a newair 281E 28 bottle wine cooler. I got 2 shelves from and 2 double drawers from wineadors.com and 2 200mm coolermaster fans w/ blue LED lights from amazon.com Then got a switch and 2 4 D battery trays from radioshack. I also bought some extra 1/4 spanish cedar lining from woodworkerssource.com

I have the 2 x 4 D battery trays wired in series and connected to a switch which powers both 200mm fans one on top and one on bottom. The switch is mounted in extra spanish cedar that is nailed to the bottom shelf which I got from wineadors.com. I used some extra spanish cedar to make a small mount/spacer that is used to mount the top fan so it can clear the light that is built into the winecooler. The wire for the top fan is ran down the back behind the drawers and shelves to the battery pack that sits underneath the bottom shelf.

The switch is to turn on the 2 x 200mm fans.

I am using about 4 lbs of heartfelt beads to regulate humidity in it. I'm way overboard on it, as I think i only need 2-2.5 lbs of beads for a wineador my size. But since I had extra, in it went.

Anyhow here are some pics of it and my current stogie stash.

The Wineador
$IMG_0175.jpg
Drawer #1
$IMG_0178.jpg
Drawer #2
$IMG_0176.jpg
Daily smoke Humidor grab box
$IMG_0179.jpg

Wow Boris. Nice job.

To paraphrase Denis Leary: Smoking tobacco doesn't lead to smoking other things, it leads to DIY projects.

Kelly

thanks guys! great part about this is i still have some room to expand. I will probably add another double drawer (the same as whats i have in there) and another single drawer (half the size of the current ones) eventually to replace where the area where the boxes currently are.

Boris, I can't decide which is more impressive:
Your handiwork
Your collection
or
That you're expanding

Ummm, yeah -- about that collection

Kelly

You keep up with those 2fer tuesdays of yours and I think we will be seeing a "My 2nd Wineador" thread! :biggrin1:

thanks guys! great part about this is i still have some room to expand. I will probably add another double drawer (the same as whats i have in there) and another single drawer (half the size of the current ones) eventually to replace where the area where the boxes currently are.

love them!!! one of my favorites also!

Do you happen to know where a guy could pick up a five cigar pack? I dont have the funds or space for a box (which are on backorder from famous-smoke anyway), and the smoke shop here at school really lacks quality selection. They focus on, well, let's just say "alternative smoking apparatuses."

Do you happen to know where a guy could pick up a five cigar pack? I dont have the funds or space for a box (which are on backorder from famous-smoke anyway), and the smoke shop here at school really lacks quality selection. They focus on, well, let's just say "alternative smoking apparatuses."

I searched online at the places I usually go to and couldn't find any in stock. I usually pick them up from my local B&M. They always have some in stock.

"My Closetdor" can't wait! :laugh:

lol hopefully it doesn't happen anytime soon, I don't think my wallet can handle anymore AD overdrives.

I searched online at the places I usually go to and couldn't find any in stock. I usually pick them up from my local B&M. They always have some in stock.

Yeah my B&M at home always has a few boxes too. I'll probably pick some up when I'm home on break. Btw. AWESOME wineador. I'd kill to have a setup like that :thumbup:

well after using batteries to power the fans, i realized that I ended up liking running the fans all the time which is killing the batteries in less than a week. So i decided to drill a hole and run some power wires. I used aquarium sealant to seal it all back up, and took about 24 hours to cure. I was going to use some sort of computer power supply, but ended up just getting a 3 amp 13.8v power supply from radio shack. At the same time I got the rest of my drawers in which really helped organize everything better and uses the space better than keeping boxes. I also decided to put in a RF remote, so i can turn on the 2 x 200mm fans which have built in LEDs in it. Sadly you can't really see the one in the bottom anymore. The remote actually works really well and from really far away. reaches all the way outside my front door of my house. I installed a couple of LED strips but they actually got really hot. Not sure if i wired it up wrong or if it was just the nature of that particular LED strip, anyhow, they had to go so no LED strips. Also I have 3 pint jars of pipe tobacco that won't fit in there anymore though.

Here are some pics of everything nice and organized a short video of the remote doing its thing

Drawer #1 Liga Privada drawer
$photo (2).jpg

Drawer # 2 - Padron + Illusione + some pipe tobacco
$photo (3).jpg

Drawer #3 - EP Carrillo/LFD/My father/Tatuaje
$photo (4).jpg

Drawer #4 - Camacho/Afuente Gurkha/Headley Grange/LA aroma de cuba/Ortega/MUWAT
$photo (5).jpg

Drawer #5 -RyJ/Hoyo de monterey/Alec Bradley fine and rare
$photo (6).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom