What's new

Joe Gibbs Resigns Redskins

Yup. I think it was the right move. For such a great coach, there were a number of times this year where he looked completely lost.

Hopefully, Coughlin will be available for a new gig next year. As a Giants fan I would highly recommend him as the next 'Skins coach.

Despite the timeliness of his departure, it's still sad to see him go. Joe Gibbs' name will always be synonymous with Washington Redskins football. As far as potential replacements, the three names that I keep hearing are Bill Cowher, Defensive Coordinator Gregg Williams and former player Russ Grimm. If I had to bet money, I'd say Williams gets the nod.

Calling a second time out? :blush:

My thoughts exactly. He was indeed a great coach, but his second stint was a rough one. With family illness issues and the loss of Taylor, he seemed lost at times out there. Hats off to them though, had a decent run at the end of the season.

Been a Redskins fan all my life, and I think the world of Joe, but alas I think he needed to go. His days of being the best guy in the NFL at half time adjustments are long over, I think there were 5 times Washington led going into the fourth quarter that they lost.
I am rooting for Russ Grimm.

Sad day guys but I hope they hire their current offensive coordinator Al Saunders. The guy has head coached before at San Diego. He's a lot older and wiser now and he orchestrated the offense(former offense now. Herm Edwards has made sure of that:frown: ) here at K.C. that just blew people's doors off. He should have had the job here when Dick Vermeil retired but our GM wouldn't have Al around unless he was willing to play lackey. Al doesn't work that way. Anryoad, I hate to see Joe ride off into the sunset. He was quite the character.

Regards, Todd

Top Bottom