What's new

Ink Review and Partial TWSBI Rant: Diamine Syrah

Firstly, I'd just like to say that Diamine Syrah is a GORGEOUS ink. I didn't expect to enjoy a red so much and am very glad I picked this one up, right along with Oxblood.

I decided to empty my newly acquired 580 of Liberty's Elysium and filled with the Syrah, hoping for a really nice looking review.

Won't do that again.

Again, a beautiful, HIGHLY saturated ink with great shading. It'd look amazing in a nice stub that actually wrote worth a crap. I'll keep tinkering with the TWSBI, but onto the review.

Once again, for the full sized image, click on the image you see here and be transported to my gallery page. Once there, click again on the image to enlarge it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow! I love the shading and the occasional pinkish colour that breaks through this dark almost blood red line! :001_tt1:

How do the diamine inks perform on cheap paper? So far I've been a Noodler's and Private Reserve kind of guy but I've been looking at diamine now that I've found a source here in Europe that would allow me to get a better deal than shipping from the US.

I might just have to get one of those fancy Rhodia pads once I find a hole in the budget though since inks tend to look pretty amazing on them :wink2:

Well done, it is a great colour, on the off white G.Lalo pad i have I bet this stuff would make a great colour

A lovely ink, thanks! I too appreciate Oxblood.

What's the problem with the 580? Perhaps I've missed a thread about this....

I have a 1.1 in my 540 and it writes superbly. I'll have to google the 580.

How do the diamine inks perform on cheap paper? So far I've been a Noodler's and Private Reserve kind of guy but I've been looking at diamine now that I've found a source here in Europe that would allow me to get a better deal than shipping from the US.

I might just have to get one of those fancy Rhodia pads once I find a hole in the budget though since inks tend to look pretty amazing on them :wink2:

I certainly wouldn't even attempt to use this one on cheap paper. As I mentioned in the review, it's so saturated that it feathers on Rhodia. I am new to Diamine inks in general, so maybe someone else can better answer that question.

A lovely ink, thanks! I too appreciate Oxblood.

What's the problem with the 580? Perhaps I've missed a thread about this....

I have a 1.1 in my 540 and it writes superbly. I'll have to google the 580.

Dryness and skipping, mainly. I haven't tried tweaking it yet, though. It was frustrating to even write that review.

Wow, great colour to that ink and beautiful writing!
i have the Stub 1.1 on my TWSBI 700 and really enjoy it.
Best of luck to you.

Top Bottom