What's new

Austin area meetup?

If we meet at a restaurant it is probably best to avoid busy lunch times, so maybe aim for 2pm?

As far as a place, any suggestions from the Austin crowd? It's probably best to pick something off a main highway to help those that may be unfamiliar with the area.

If we meet at a restaurant it is probably best to avoid busy lunch times, so maybe aim for 2pm?

As far as a place, any suggestions from the Austin crowd? It's probably best to pick something off a main highway to help those that may be unfamiliar with the area.

Good suggestions.

We could meet at the North location of Moonies Burgers.

http://www.mooniesburgerhouse.com/locations.html

Kerbey Lane Cafe is another possibility, we could meet at the North location. The service at Kerbey Lane can be really hit or miss, and they could be swamped.

http://www.kerbeylanecafe.com/

We could also meet at Rudy's, they aren't the best BBQ but they are consistent and they are good and they have a lot of seating.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/11/141948/restaurant/Arboretum/Rudys-Country-Store-Bar-B-Q-Austin

What do you guys think?

I was thinking that the Rudy's off of 183 and near Mopac would be good.

Austin - 183
11570 Research Blvd.
Austin, TX 78759

That should work. That location has a large dining area, so should be good even if we end up with a big group.

So, November 23rd at 2 pm at this location? Any objections?

I'm planning to attend, depending on weather. Since I have a 3-hour drive from up north, I can't stay past 3:30 or so (ain't it great to have a busy social life on Saturday evenings?). It sure wouldn't hurt my feelings if a few folks showed up at 1:15 - 1:30 !

I'm planning to attend, depending on weather. Since I have a 3-hour drive from up north, I can't stay past 3:30 or so (ain't it great to have a busy social life on Saturday evenings?). It sure wouldn't hurt my feelings if a few folks showed up at 1:15 - 1:30 !

I could probably swing getting there by 2:15-2:30.

Also, if anyone is of the visual arts persuasion and wants to make a fancy sign, it might help to corral B&Bers to the right table. A badger al la West coast shaving 's artwork would be nice.

Ken, I can be there at 1:15.

I am plannjng on bringing some stuff for show and tell.

I could probably swing getting there by 2:15-2:30.

Also, if anyone is of the visual arts persuasion and wants to make a fancy sign, it might help to corral B&Bers to the right table. A badger al la West coast shaving 's artwork would be nice.

Yeah, I meant 1:15-1:30...still getting used to SwiftKey' s autocorrects

Ken, I can be there at 1:15.

I am plannjng on bringing some stuff for show and tell.

I'm looking forward to seeing you, Shawn, and whatever goodies you bring to show off! I'll load up a big bunch of Simpson's brushes and some of the weird Old Spice stuff I have in the back corner of my den.

The extent of my artistic talent would be a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 paper folded into a tent with "B&B" scrawled on both sides with Magic Marker! :w00t:

I plan to be there too, and can also do the 1:15 - 1:30 early bird arrival. I have unopened pucks of Stirling Barbershop and Tuscan I'll bring for sniff testing. I also have about 10 different blade types from a sampler that I can bring if there is the anyone that wants to try a particular blade.
Thanks for bringing the Simpsons Texquill. I've started out with boars only and have my eye on the Colonel or Duke 1 or 2 for a first badger.

Buster

I don't have a lot for show and tell, but I do have 5 Stirling soap samples coming in this week, so I can bring those. Maybe also can bring some single blades leftover from a sampler pack for people to try.

I plan on bringing a couple of brushes, several fragrances, a couple of soaps, and if there is any interest I can bring a couple of fountain pens.

Sullybob, I'm interested in seeing a nice fountain pen or two, but I hope not too interested. I really hope to come away from the meet without a whole new category of ADs.
I would also like to see a B&B Essential Boar if anyone can bring one. I have come to like the feel of the Omega Pro 49 very much and think that feel in a smaller knot would be just about perfect.
Thanks,

+1 on wanting to see a B&B essential boar. I just ordered a custom brush with TGN finest badger but it probably will not be completed by the time of the meet.

Top Bottom