What's new

Shave King Self Lubricating Razor

I was at a local antique store and found this, it's a Shave King Self Lubricating Razor. In the years I have been collecting this is only the second one I have found. They are a very mild razor with a light weight aluminum head...The only thing it needed was a light cleaning with scrubbing bubbles. I think I will keep this one in the rotation...

Attachments

• $DSCN0613[1].jpg
    $DSCN0613[1].jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 441
Last edited:
I was at a local antique store and found this, it's a Shave King Self Lubricating Razor. In the years I have been collecting this is only the second one I have found. They are a very mild razor with a light weight aluminum head...The only thing it needed was a light cleaning with scrubbing bubbles. I think I will keep this one in the rotation...

Attachments

• $DSCN0606[1].jpg
    $DSCN0606[1].jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 428
Great lines on those razors. The handle is definitely aluminum, but I think the head is zinc alloy: mine has a speck or two where I can see the base metal. I like mild razors, but I am afraid it is too mild for me. I could almost use it as a beard trimmer.

Both of the ones that I have the cap is concave - like it was tightened too much. How does yours look? Nice and straight or concave?

-jim

Last edited:
Very interesting razor ... good score.

I've seen pictures of them before, but never knew why it had a double-comb. Now I know the purpose, thanks.

Does it use standard DE blades? The proportions of the head looks like it might take a proprietary blade.

Both of the ones that I have the cap is concave - like it was tightened too much. How does yours look? Nice and straight or concave?

-jim

Mine looks straight.. I am going to give it a try this weekend and see how it shaves...

Top Bottom