What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Due to my Rocket Giotto being busted and I need to save for the repairs, my Mini Mazzer Grinder is being now used to grind coffee for My Vietnamese coffee filter which is kind of yum if you like your coffees sweet and an interesting diversion from espresso/latte. I cut the condensed milk with about a tablespoon of regular milk to knock the sweetness back a bit.

Picture pinched from www.finecooking.com

$Coffee_Maker.jpg

Oh you'd be right at home in my house. My wife is Vietnamese which means I have more Vietnamese friends and relatives than you can imagine, and about 4 of these drippers in my cabinet! My wife likes the Viet coffee from the Asian markets in Chinatown Oakland - usually served over ice - goes amazingly well with a hot steaming bowl of Phở.

Due to my Rocket Giotto being busted and I need to save for the repairs, my Mini Mazzer Grinder is being now used to grind coffee for My Vietnamese coffee filter which is kind of yum if you like your coffees sweet and an interesting diversion from espresso/latte. I cut the condensed milk with about a tablespoon of regular milk to knock the sweetness back a bit.

Picture pinched from www.finecooking.com

View attachment 707903

Oh you'd be right at home in my house. My wife is Vietnamese which means I have more Vietnamese friends and relatives than you can imagine, and about 4 of these drippers in my cabinet! My wife likes the Viet coffee from the Asian markets in Chinatown Oakland - usually served over ice - goes amazingly well with a hot steaming bowl of Phở.

We preheat the glass first with boiling water. I haven't tried it over ice yet .... might do that tonight. Thanks for the tip

Just found this thread! I thought I was the only one that still used a Silex vacuum pot! Well done sir!

I brewed some Kenya AA in my 8 cup Chemex.

Have to thank the gent who sells me the Palomar Coffee for the tip regarding Silex pots. Best brew yet that I have tried and I have three pour overs, French press, aeropress, and Silex gives me a full flavor, less acidic cup over the rest.

Have to thank the gent who sells me the Palomar Coffee for the tip regarding Silex pots. Best brew yet that I have tried and I have three pour overs, French press, aeropress, and Silex gives me a full flavor, less acidic cup over the rest.

I'll have to agree with you there. My only issue is that depending on the temperature in my home it will take much longer for my silex to get up to temperature. Do you use a glass rod or a ceramic filter in yours?

I'll have to agree with you there. My only issue is that depending on the temperature in my home it will take much longer for my silex to get up to temperature. Do you use a glass rod or a ceramic filter in yours?
Glass rod. I pre heat my water and mug with a T-fal vitesses electric kettle dial set at 1/3 heat then transfer to preheated table top coil

16g of Blue Bottle Three Africans to 265g H20 in a new Blue Bottle single hole dripper - wow!
I'll have to update my Pour Over Wars thread later with the details...

:sailor:

Glass rod. I pre heat my water and mug with a T-fal vitesses electric kettle dial set at 1/3 heat then transfer to preheated table top coil
My electric kettle doesn't have any settings but boil, but I see where you're going. I'll give it a try. It's time I dust my Delray and make a cup!

Top Bottom