What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

All coffee brewing items still in moving boxes so Dunkin black on the train this morning. Honestly not too bad, still my favorite fast food coffee locally available. Wish we had Timmys in Chicago, although I find their whole bean sold at our local grocery store to be a good substitute.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Sprouts Organic Espresso beans, espresso'd, and then made into an Americano. Because it's Saturday and I can relax and drink a nice cup or two.

I belong to a coffee co-op so I usually get a pound of french roast and a pound of medium roast delivered every month. I blend the two together to get what in my mind is the perfect coffee. I use a Chemex to brew it. Looking into also getting an espresso maker of some sort.

Made a "Bunn" of Mexican Honey Processed I roasted about a week ago for my PIF. Super coffee. Extraordinary roast. I think the "pressure" of giving away some fresh roasted coffee to another B&B member made me strive to get as close to perfection as I could. I printed the profiles for the 4 coffees I roasted and I am sure one of those 4 will be in the 3 I roast in a few days so I will follow those profiles and not day dream.

It is about time to think which beans I will roast next as I am starting to get low and waiting until I run out like I did for the PIF ain't a gonna happen again though making the PIF end when my grinders ran out of beans was an interesting twist to a "timer" to end the PIF....

So this evening I got the bright idea to try and make Cuban style coffee with my moka pot, Cafe Bustelo, and it turned out amazing. I normally hate sugar in coffee so didn't know if I would like it but a friend who has traveled a lot told me about it and made it sound amazing. Well he was right. Also my wife wanted frothed milk in hers so I added some to her which made a great cappuccino. Hers didn't have as much espuma as mine did, I kind of stole it all.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
A 2:1 blend of Java Pura Don Teofilo (Tarrazu) and their Kenya AA+ Nguvu (washed). Just finishing up a sack of the former and adding in what we just picked up.

I ran out of freash roast with only 32 grams in the bin.... Ah man... looks like a small carafe this morning....

THEN.... The light bulb goes off...

There's a small amount of beans in the espresso grinder... SO... I stick the Forte bin under the super jolly chute and turn er on... 61 grams total which is just about spot on for a full Bunn...

The uber fine ground espresso did a bit of clogging of the paper filter but no over flow.

Taste just fine but I gotta roast today BIG TIME

I hate running out of coffee :sad:

Top Bottom