What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

I like your precision - I use 16.5 grams of Blue Bottle 3 Africans with 265 grams H2O...

I saw that. Blue Bottle, a friend of mine drops in at the Palo Alto location from time to time and states it is a beautiful haus to have coffee in. Stated their pour over is on the expensive side but does like their coffee. We aren't so lucky here in Boise ID to have such a café, too many charbucks.

I'm afraid I'm not trendy enough to frequent their locations, even though there's one close by in Oakland. I order whole beans from their website which I receive amazingly fast - usually get my order within 2 days. I've always wanted to do one of their classes, though. They have cuppings and brew demonstrations at their roasters in Oakland - a beautifully retrofitted industrial space near Jack London Square.

I saw that. Blue Bottle, a friend of mine drops in at the Palo Alto location from time to time and states it is a beautiful haus to have coffee in. Stated their pour over is on the expensive side but does like their coffee. We aren't so lucky here in Boise ID to have such a café, too many charbucks.

I'm afraid I'm not trendy enough to frequent their locations, even though there's one close by in Oakland. I order whole beans from their website which I receive amazingly fast - usually get my order within 2 days. I've always wanted to do one of their classes, though. They have cuppings and brew demonstrations at their roasters in Oakland - a beautifully retrofitted industrial space near Jack London Square.

He stated the bonmac pour over is really good cup of joe. I have the Chemex and a Kalita and so far prefer the Kalita PO as I find it to more full bodied than the Chemex with their filters and still trying to find the right ratio when using the Coffeesock. Coffeesock does produce more body but not quite dialed in yet. Do you know if Bonmac makes a 4 cup or just 2? I'm one of those 12-14 ounce type of guys.

I'm on my 3rd cup of AeroPress today, starting at 0900 like normal.
This one is being rocked out CafeAmericano style.

I just started using the Bonmac 2-hole 2 cup model (they make a single hole model too). I used the Hario V60 for a long time and switched after finding the Bonmac easier to control. I've only seen the 2-4 cup Bonmac which is really just a 2 cup.

On a side note I've used the Hario Woodneck with good results (it uses a fabric filter).

He stated the bonmac pour over is really good cup of joe. I have the Chemex and a Kalita and so far prefer the Kalita PO as I find it to more full bodied than the Chemex with their filters and still trying to find the right ratio when using the Coffeesock. Coffeesock does produce more body but not quite dialed in yet. Do you know if Bonmac makes a 4 cup or just 2? I'm one of those 12-14 ounce type of guys.

I just started using the Bonmac 2-hole 2 cup model (they make a single hole model too). I used the Hario V60 for a long time and switched after finding the Bonmac easier to control. I've only seen the 2-4 cup Bonmac which is really just a 2 cup.

On a side note I've used the Hario Woodneck with good results (it uses a fabric filter).

That's what I thought, thanks for the info

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Costa Rican espresso'd and Americano'd with a wisp of heavy cream. I usually only cream Latin and South American coffees.

Bonavita 1900 and a no-name medium roast Columbian bean from a local roaster that I ground fine. Ahhh...an excellent cup of coffee.

I'm just now boiling water for Round #3 today.

AeroPress with 1 scoop of Dark Roast gourmet coffee.
Topping off the 8oz. of pressed coffee with about 4oz. of milk,
add a half-teaspoon of sugar.

Yum! Yum!

Top Bottom