What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Drinking Sulawesi Toarco AA from Dogwood Coffee. One cup on V60, one on Aeropress.

Since we are talking Aeropress, my Aeropress method is as follows:

17g coffee
200g water
Normal method (non-inverted)
Pour 150g in a circular motion, then finish off with a straight pour
Quick stir
Press at 25-30 sec (from beginning of pour)

Saw this method at Sightglass last time I was there and it has worked well for me.

Ben

I'm almost tearing up a bit…I feel like I found some long lost brothers. See, I'm new to b&b just discovered this subforum. I've met coffee dorks, sure. Mayhap we're even a dime a dozen here in Stumptown. But to hear my weird-shaving brethren sharing their weird-coffee tales, well, it's like I've finally found someone that understands! That said, this morning's cup is a Rwanda Rulindo (bourbon) from Boxcar Roasters in Boulder (my wife was just there) brewed in an aeropress (18g coffee [15F setting on Preciso grinder], 200° water to the top, stirred, wait 20, slow press) with a Disk Fine filter from able brewing.

Green Mountain Dark Magic from Keurig at home
Tully's Italian Roast from Keurig at work

Would like to trying grinding my own coffee one day. Maybe just on the weekends though ; )

Peets from a Cuisinart drip machine. Half Major Dickasons decaf, half Garuda blend. Tasty.

Here in Texas, it's about time for iced coffee, so I need to stock up on Community Coffee when it goes on sale for my cold press coffee for iced. I have found that I can't taste the difference between stuff like Community and higher priced stuff like Peets in iced coffee. Not sure why that is, but it does save me money in the summer. Maybe it's the fact that I use almond milk rather than cows milk (diabetic, cutting carbs).

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Dunkin Donut medium roast ground on coarse at the local supermarket. Brewed it in a FP. Really fine cup.
drink my coffee black; no cream, no ssugar diabetic on an insulin pump
marty

Single Origin Mexican from the Grapos coop. Roasted to maybe City +... maybe a little lighter. Ground at stop 9 on the Encore, brewed inverted in Aeropress. Mm Mm good!

I'm surprised this thread isn't more active. Maybe it will be now that it's cooling down again. It's a cold, grey, rainy day today, so I'm making Irish coffee with Peet's Italian Roast in my French Press with Concannon Irish whiskey.

I've settled on one blend from my local roaster for the espresso machine and I have been sticking with that for the day's the espresso machine is run. I did pull 2 double shots of espresso roast today but that is because the wife stepped out for a little while and could not stop me :001_smile

Today is espresso machine day so another day with my local roasting house's blend. It is dark French roast and medium roast south american (they told me it was Colombian) blended in about an 20 / 80 blend (20% dark).

Every evening I make a pour over of Costa Rican La Amistad. This is the single origin I enjoy the most from my local roasting house

A few cups of Americano today, made from a couple of different kinds of coffee. The best cup by far was a 18 month old (might even been closer to 2yo) Panama Boquete Classico that was roasted 12 days ago. Even though that is pushing storage/roast times I would take that cup every time, it was sweet with lots of flavor.

Made a pot of blended French roasted and medium roasted Colombian in the Bunn today. Good stuff $machinecaffee.gif

proxy.php

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
A disappointing Indonesian Estate coffee. I have the impression that it was under-roasted. It certainly has not worked in my drip machine. I'll try it in my vac pot tomorrow.

Top Bottom