What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

I had a cappuccino from Brumby's Pizzeria & Coffee House in Belleville, OH. They roast their own espresso blend in house and have a variety of single origins available as well. I will have to try their espresso blend at home once I run out of my current supply.

I brewed the Ruby Roasters El Salvador Natamaya with 45 grams coffee and 800 grams water in my Behmor BraZen brewed at 198 F today. It was much sweeter than yesterday's brew at 200 F.

I also go out with my Wife today to Redwood City and enjoyed some Four Barrel Friendo Blendo espresso and Rwanda pour-over at Bliss Coffee. The coffee was sweet, no sour espresso shot, and very enjoyable which is nice since this was my first visit to Bliss Coffee and I was hoping that they'd be able to make great coffee.

Last night I got called out to the local hilltop to change out a card in a fiber multiplexer so I opened the bag of Populace Coffee Ethiopia Guji that I picked up along with their Bolivia coffee for $5 / ~half pound when they were celebrating their 5 year anniversary and put 18 grams of ground coffee in my Impress / Presse brew mug and filled it up thee-quarters full from the hot water tap of my water cooler as I was going out the door. This brew mug keeps the coffee hot for hours, good for me as I was out until three am this morning since I needed to pick up and return spares before and after going up the hill to the site.

Slept in a bit this morning and my Wife asked me to take my daughter to the tutor, so I did the same trick again this morning to bring along a nice cup of coffee with me. Had a Gurkha Legends Maduro cigar at the park which paired well with the coffee while waiting for her to be done. The brew mug is to the left of my water container and has in inner sleeve and a fine metal filter that presses the grounds to the bottom and effectively stops the extraction allowing you to brew on the go and enjoy your coffee for hours.

$Impress Cigar.jpg

Last night I got called out to the local hilltop to change out a card in a fiber multiplexer so I opened the bag of Populace Coffee Ethiopia Guji that I picked up along with their Bolivia coffee for $5 / ~half pound when they were celebrating their 5 year anniversary and put 18 grams of ground coffee in my Impress / Presse brew mug and filled it up thee-quarters full from the hot water tap of my water cooler as I was going out the door. This brew mug keeps the coffee hot for hours, good for me as I was out until three am this morning since I needed to pick up and return spares before and after going up the hill to the site.

Slept in a bit this morning and my Wife asked me to take my daughter to the tutor, so I did the same trick again this morning to bring along a nice cup of coffee with me. Had a Gurkha Legends Maduro cigar at the park which paired well with the coffee while waiting for her to be done. The brew mug is to the left of my water container and has in inner sleeve and a fine metal filter that presses the grounds to the bottom and effectively stops the extraction allowing you to brew on the go and enjoy your coffee for hours.

View attachment 577531
Enjoyed your post and seeing the outside wear on your Impress brewer. I also enjoy using an Impress brewer, though I am usually at home and decant the brew into a more traditional coffee cup.

I bought a second one in black instead of the blue dots and the black finish started peeling so badly that I ended up scrubbing it all off to a stainless steel finish because it just looked better that way. I've left these on the roof of my car a few times and drove away and they're pretty sturdy, but I'd recommend against the black finish unless mine was just a one-off. Nowadays I keep one cup at work and one at home.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
It can only be Bustelo cafe Cubano.

Anyone who's lived in South Florida picks up Cuban coffee; many keep the espresso habit for life. They sell the stuff nationally, and the little espresso maker is cheap. Pilon and La Llave are also good.

AA

Earlier this morning as usual I was drinking Vietnamese Ca Phe Sua, hot coffee with condensed milk, made in the traditional Vietnamese Phin filter. This morning it was basic Buon Ma Thuot but I actually prefer Indochine Estates Annan Blend.

Earlier this morning as usual I was drinking Vietnamese Ca Phe Sua, hot coffee with condensed milk, made in the traditional Vietnamese Phin filter. This morning it was basic Buon Ma Thuot but I actually prefer Indochine Estates Annan Blend.

Is Vietnamese Ca Phe Sua as delicious as it sounds? I think I will have to try making it.

Is Vietnamese Ca Phe Sua as delicious as it sounds? I think I will have to try making it.

Oh yes it is :thumbup:

My wife is Vietnamese and I've been lucky enough to visit Vietnam several times.
Their strong, iced (or hot) coffee with condensed milk is very addictive.
Especially with a nice hot spicy bowl of Pho!!

Oh yes it is :thumbup:

My wife is Vietnamese and I've been lucky enough to visit Vietnam several times.
Their strong, iced (or hot) coffee with condensed milk is very addictive.
Especially with a nice hot spicy bowl of Pho!!

Nice, I'l have to check if my fave Vietnam cafe here in Oslo have that.
I'm there at least twice a month for their fantastic Pho, which I got addicted to last year. :)

I don't remember the brand of coffee I had this morning, as I always transfer the beans into an airtight container I have , then throw away the bag. But it was good stuff.

Made with a Hario V60, which I love.

Top Bottom