What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Peets! Iced Latte. Yummy.

Attachments

• $IMG_20130402_062846_353.jpg
    $IMG_20130402_062846_353.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,365
One of the best investments I've ever made is in a good grinder. Those hand grinders are slow ...

Yeah, the Delongi is ok, but it can be a bit 'hit and miss' as to the size of the grind. I should have got a burr instead but was in a rush and bought it in the supermarket. I might look for an electric burr.

Working on a travel mug filled with the chocolaty, nutty, and sweet flavors of Brazilian Daterra Estate Sweet Blue. It's better than any real mocha java I've ever come across.

I'm repeating this week, but will post anyway.

Peet's House Blend ground in Hario Skerton brewed in an Aeropress using the inverted technique.

Black in a Bodum double walled glass mug.

Peet's Major Dickason's Blend, burr ground, and brewed in a Krups FMF5 drip machine with gold filter.

My wife made cherry scones this morning to have with our coffee. Delicious!!

Ken

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Peet's Major Dickason via french press in the morning.

McDonalds hazelnut iced coffee right now

A caturra coffee from Finca San Luis in Alajuela region of Costa Rica last Saturday. Brewed in an insulated press.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I had a medium roast Guatemalan brewed in my Bodum Santos. I had a cup . . . walked my dog for a half hour and then nursed another cup for a couple of hours. . . very nice.

I haven't made coffee for a few days, but I like to make mine in a french press. I like that Louisiana style coffee with chicory.

Batdorf (local roaster in Olympia) Vesuvio blend, it is quite dark with a nutty and slightly chocolate flavor. I am using 15 grams through a small hand grinder into an Aeropress with 10 ounces of water total.

Burundi Mpemba from Dogwood coffee. One cup from the v60, one from the Aeropress.

Walking over to the East Village later to get some espresso from Abraco. Sister is visiting from Minneapolis so I figured it would be a good reason to finally try it.

Ben

Two cups today for purposes of comparison.

Both brewed with fresh ground Peet's House Blend.

Cup 1: Brewed with Aeropress using the Stump Inverted Method.

Cup 2: Brewed over night using a cold brew method. Resulting concentrate mixed at a 1:1 ratio with boiling water.

Both served in Bodum double walled glass mug.

Two great cups with different flavor profiles.

Today I'm using a friends Aeropress technique.

-10g of Fine ground Peets Major Dickason's Blend (roaster still hasn't arrived)

- pour boiling water into Blue Willow coffee cup and into Aeropress. Pre soak paper filter.
- allow to sit 30 seconds and dump
- invert Aeropress and pour in grounds
- fill Blue Willow cup to preferred drinking volume
- pour from cup into Aeropress
- stir 10 seconds
- attach filter, tilt to 45 degrees and rotate for 10 seconds
- invert and slow press into cup
- drink as is, black

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom