What's new

What are your favorite value smoke(s)

I'm going to ask this question for both the cigar and pipe smokers here. What are your favorite value tobacco or cigars?

For me it's Quintero Y Hermano cigars.

I never had any desire to smoke these cigars. Then my friend that I swap cigars with sent me a Quintero Brevas and told me to give it a try. To be honest, I was a little sceptical. But I trusted his palate, so I gave it a try. What I found was a cigar that I enjoyed the profile of.

After I told him how I enjoyed it, he sent me a Quintero Favorito. I found it to be a very enjoyable cigar as well, even though I could detect some youth in it.

Anyway I think I have finally found a value cigar that I enjoy.:biggrin1:

Look forward to reading your reply's

I've tried several value smokes, and some are pretty good. I like Quorum, Cuban Exhile, Rollbacks, and Factory Throwouts so far. I've got several others that are resting in my humidor, and I'll post the ones of those I like as well.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Cigars:

Nub
Oliva
Davidoff
Acid

Pipe:

I have pretty simple taste, so just about any major drug store brand in a corn cob works for me.

Quorum cigars. They were decent when I first tried one about 8 years ago and, more importantly, available on deployment without waiting for mail. Since then, the quality has definitely improved and the price hasn't gone up much.

There's a lot of cheap cigars that people would be a lot more impressed with it they were aged for about 6 months. Many of them were only aged for a month or two.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Which vitola do you like the best. Cazadores?

Honestly I don't know. I've had a couple different bundles, and there wasn't that much difference between them. Most of the offerings are all around the same size, and ugly as heck, but for $2 they're a great deal.

There's a lot of cheap cigars that people would be a lot more impressed with it they were aged for about 6 months. Many of them were only aged for a month or two.

Indian Tabac Super Fuerte is another good sub $3 cigar but they need to age. I had a couple mazos that were unsmokeable at first, I almost threw them away. They got burred in a cooler, and when I pulled them out later they were a completely different cigar.

I'm not much of a smoker and have only tried a few kinds...having said that: I really enjoyed the Perdomo Lot 23 (think I smoked a Belicoso). It was around 4-5 dollars and definitely will seek out more when then weather warms up.

Cheap and value are not he same to me. A good $5, or $6 cigar is a good value to me if I buy it instead of a $8, or $10 cigar.

Jamie Garcia reserva, and flor de las Antillas are good value cigars to me. I get a corona or robusta for about $6.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I don't smoke cigars often, but most pipe tobacco is pretty reasonable. My top three are Frog Morton's Cellar, Frog Morton, and Samuel Gawith Squadron Leader.

Consuegra from JRCigars.

Attachments

• $lighter 009.jpg
    $lighter 009.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 115
That's fine, but just realize good value quality cigars can still be cheap. Some overruns are identical to the higher priced ones, and some seconds are identical to higher priced cigars, and you couldn't find a flaw with a magnifying glass. Flor de Olivia makes killer bundles that only need to sit in a humidor for a week or so.

But if you insist, feel free to spend more on the same thing. I don't have enough of a green thumb to grow a money tree. :001_rolle
Smoked a Benchmade today that is every bit as good as cigars double the price.

Cheap and value are not he same to me. A good $5, or $6 cigar is a good value to me if I buy it instead of a $8, or $10 cigar.

Jamie Garcia reserva, and flor de las Antillas are good value cigars to me. I get a corona or robusta for about $6.

Last edited:
Top Bottom