What's new

Science Fiction TV Shows

With sci-fi and fantasy shows all over television again, this thread must return!

My Top Ten:

1. Star Trek
2. Doctor Who (I started watching with the 4th Doctor and my kids are huge fans too)
3. Twilight Zone
4. Millennium
5. Star Trek NG
6. Star Trek DS9
7. Torchwood
8. Lost
9. Agents of SHIELD
10. X Files

I've been streaming The X Files over Netflix for months. It peaked around season three or four and has been slowly declining since then. I'm in season seven now, I think. The rapport between Mulder and Scully is still great, but the cases (both the myth arc ones and the "monster of the week" ones) are no longer as creative, suspenseful and scary. Some of the episodes are downright bad. I watched one last night where Mulder gets trapped in a video game and it was just excruciating. Not sure I'm going to continue after the season seven finale.

I was a late comer to a few of these shows. With X Files I had to be convinced by my brother that the monster of the week episodes were behind them. I liked the X Files spin off Millennium better. I took a class from one of the Red Dragon profiler guys who consulted for it and he loved it too. I got into DS9 after Sisko went bald and the series got exciting.

I never saw Firefly until my wife started watching it on Netflix. I thought it was a chick show because of the name and because my Hollywood actress cousin wouldn't shut up about it. What I've seen was quite good.

I'm hoping Babylon 5 shows up on streaming too.

I never saw Firefly until my wife started watching it on Netflix. I thought it was a chick show because of the name and because my Hollywood actress cousin wouldn't shut up about it. What I've seen was quite good.

I wish I could get my wife to watch Firefly, and she's not averse to science fiction -- we watch plenty of the Star Trek franchise together, she loves Stephen King's The Stand mini-series, and we have watched some of The 4400 and probably a few others I'm forgetting...

Netflix has given me a new lease on life as far as sci fi series. I watched them a lot as a child when I didn't have to work and had no social life to distract me. As I got older and had less time, I got away from them. However, being able to stream any episode any time I want has gotten me back into them.

Dr. Who (the newer version. Still several seasons behind)
Any of the Star Treks series
BSG (the reboot)
Firefly
Lexx
Farscape (haven't finished that one)
Defiance (probably my favorite sci fi show that is currently still on the air, except for maybe the Doctor)

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398369725.068696.jpg

This show got cancelled HOW?

Netflix has given me a new lease on life as far as sci fi series. I watched them a lot as a child when I didn't have to work and had no social life to distract me. As I got older and had less time, I got away from them. However, being able to stream any episode any time I want has gotten me back into them.

Dr. Who (the newer version. Still several seasons behind)
Any of the Star Treks series
BSG (the reboot)
Firefly
Lexx
Farscape (haven't finished that one)
Defiance (probably my favorite sci fi show that is currently still on the air, except for maybe the Doctor)
So glad someone mentioned Lexx! It's so fringe that not enough people have given it a chance.. Such a fun show!

Another show I really love (that is still airing btw) that hasn't been mentioned is Falling Skies. It's not so much action based as it is character based, but I've really been enjoying it since it premiered 3 summers ago. Season 4 will probably be starting around June so there's still time to catch up for those who check it out and like it! It's a TNT show.

So glad someone mentioned Lexx! It's so fringe that not enough people have given it a chance.. Such a fun show!

Another show I really love (that is still airing btw) that hasn't been mentioned is Falling Skies. It's not so much action based as it is character based, but I've really been enjoying it since it premiered 3 summers ago. Season 4 will probably be starting around June so there's still time to catch up for those who check it out and like it! It's a TNT show.

Great minds think alike! I forgot to mention Falling Skies, but I really dig it. I like to think of it as Walking Dead, but with aliens.

For me the best SF show was and will probably always be The Outer Limits. The original 60's version. It was the first 9pm show I was ever allowed to watch too.

How about favorite underrated Sci Fi characters? One of the best in my opinion is former Doctor Who Companion and member of UNIT, Dr. Martha Jones. Gorgeous and razor sharp:

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398442075.406512.jpg

With sci-fi and fantasy shows all over television again, this thread must return!

My Top Ten:

1. Star Trek
2. Doctor Who (I started watching with the 4th Doctor and my kids are huge fans too)
3. Twilight Zone
4. Millennium
5. Star Trek NG
6. Star Trek DS9
7. Torchwood
8. Lost
9. Agents of SHIELD
10. X Files

No BSG? Blasphemy....

Top Bottom