What's new

What I Wore Today

The daily watch, shoe, and tie threads are great, but I like to see the entire finished product to help in my style realignment. So, here is what I wore today.

proxy.php

Camel hair sport coat - thrifted
Stafford blue OCBD -thrifted
Khakis - Old Navy
Tie -Merona
Black oxfords - Bates

I wear uniforms all week, so my posts will mostly be on the weekends, but I'd like to see all of your gentlemanly styles.

Looks like my normal dress wear as I rarely wear a suit. I have a couple of Austin Reed jackets, one navy, the other tan. Most often I wear the navy jacket with tan or gray slacks, at other times do a reverse with the tan jacket and navy slacks. The combo makes for a versitale wardrobe.

I'm still not savvy enough to post a pic but...

White button-collar oxford shirt (Lands End)
Navy shawl collar cardigan sweeter (Jcrew)
Khakis (Jcrew)
AE walnut Strands

no jewelry, watch, etc.

I've been wearing sport coats only myself Jeff, but I just dropped off my first suit that I've owned since about age 13 to get altered today.

If you need help with posting pictures, we can help avsmusic1!

I'll be wearing ABUs for the next 4 days, so I won't have a new picture until Saturday. But you gents keep it up!

I did not notice before, A3MON, but I see you list Niceville, Fl., so I presume Eglin AFB. I was pharmacy officer there from 1974 through early 1979.

Thats right, I'm at Eglin. I'm an F-15 crew chief in the 96 Test Wing. I'll be retraining to Geospatial Intel in the fall though, no idea where to after that.

I'm not a fashion expert, but I would never have worn that colour of pants with the rest of that ensemble.

Just my 2 cents.

Thats right, I'm at Eglin. I'm an F-15 crew chief in the 96 Test Wing. I'll be retraining to Geospatial Intel in the fall though, no idea where to after that.
I remember the day they introduced the F-15 there. It amazed everyone when on the first approached it touched down, put the nose gear down, then rotated and went straight up then inverted back over into another landing approach where he stayed down and taxied in so everyone could get a close up look. It was a fantastic demo after being used to F-4's serving there for so long. I do remember one morning being caught in traffic where the road between the main base and the hospital area goes around the end of the runways, and seeing an F-4 come in with what looked like a 1000 lb bomb( later learned it was inert) hanging from the front shackle, with another F-4 alongside watching. It landed without incident. Did you ever meet Col (ret) Bud Day. He was commander of 96th at one time, then went back to law school and became JAG officer. He won medal of honor for escaping twice from N Vietnamese prisons, but was recaptured twice. A real gentleman.

Last edited:
I have heard the ramp used to be packed from end to end with all kinds of aircraft, these days the only aircraft on the test side ramp are F-15C/D/E, A-10, F-16, and C-130.

Did you ever meet Col (ret) Bud Day.

No, but I have heard of him though.

Not technically what I wore today, but close.

proxy.php

Suit - Navy Stafford Essentials from JC Penny
Shirt - Croft and Barrow from Khols
Tie - Silver Grenafaux from The Tie Bar
Shoes - Black blutchers (low quarters) from the USAF

Yes there used to be quite a variety. F-4, F-15 & 16, F-111, C-130, C-141, Some KC-135 varients. I had a good friend that flew AC-130 out of Duke Field. We used to see a lot of B-52's making low level approaches just west of Hurlburt field across the sound and hwy 98, sometimes 50-100 ft altitude, which was scary the first time one crossed in front of you. Then there was all the different things that came in for the climatic hanger. It was a most interesting place, I was there when they were developing a fuel air bomb and had some civil service friends working on that project.

I have heard the ramp used to be packed from end to end with all kinds of aircraft, these days the only aircraft on the test side ramp are F-15C/D/E, A-10, F-16, and C-130.

No, but I have heard of him though.

Not technically what I wore today, but close.

proxy.php

Suit - Navy Stafford Essentials from JC Penny
Shirt - Croft and Barrow from Khols
Tie - Silver Grenafaux from The Tie Bar
Shoes - Black blutchers (low quarters) from the USAF

Looking good!!

This is an old thread . . . why not let's get it started back up again?

I posted the latter 2 photos in the "what shoes are you wearing today thread." At any rate, I wore this on Friday:

J. Press university stripe OCBD
Levi's 505 jeans
Wrangler belt (I'm losing weight, so I needed to get a cheap belt, since I won't have it very long ... heck, the one I have now replaced a previous belt that got too big!)
8" LL Bean boots

We need more threads like this, get posting pictures people! Unfortunately I'm in a dire laundry situation so today isn't a good example for myself, heh.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
We need more threads like this, get posting pictures people! Unfortunately I'm in a dire laundry situation so today isn't a good example for myself, heh.

New thread:

"What I wore on laundry day ... please don't laugh"

... why do I think that today would be a good day to start it?

:wink2:

Today is laundry day for me, coincidentally. I am wearing a silk turtleneck, dark green canvas button down shirt, jeans, socks from Costco, Asaic (spelling?) cross trainers. Since its overcast and rainy today, when I go out for a doctor's appointment, I'll be wearing my brown leather jacket and brown fedora.

Gonna try and resurrect this thread again . . .

Yesterday's outfit (on the rare occasion I have something worth posting):

LL Bean Shetland sweater
J. Crew Secret Wash button-down
Levi's 505 jeans
Dickies belt
Polo Ralph Lauren socks
vintage Sebago Campsides

Top Bottom