What's new

Matador Toro Mastiff

Was looking at buying a new razor. I have always used vintage gillettes till now. I have had my eye on the EJ's and the Merkurs but I just took a look at the Matador Toro Mastiff. It looks to be a very nice razor. I was looking for opinions about it. Of all my razors I tend to get the best shave using a silver flair tip and I use a blue tip for my last pass at times. I've tried a slim adjustable but I just don't seem to get the same results. I do get pretty fair results from the older model gillettes like the ball tips and the open comb new models. I'm looking for something with some weight to it that will provide a nice shave in two well made passes but I don't want something so aggressive that it will burn me and rip my face off :) The Matador looks to be heavy enough and has a very good price with it. My main concern is if the head will be too aggressive for me. Any input at all would be wonderful and very welcomed.

I have the Sabi, and its a great handle, the head is a bit meh, i would put a new head on it like the Gillette NEW.

It's not as aggressive as you think. It's a very smooth shave for me, and I would absolutely suggest buying the razor. Even if you don't like the head, the handle alone is well worth the price and you can mount a ton of different heads onto it.

Thanks everyone. I too had felt that the handle would make a great purchase alone. If the head doesnt work well for me at least I will have the handle itself.

Top Bottom