• Yes, if it's under $300

• Yes, if it's under $250

• Yes, but something entirely different

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
if it's a monkstrap, one or 2, i am out. but i am a big fan of wingtip and/or brogueing

No matter what style the boys settle on, it's bound to disappoint some members. Not that you shouldn't express your opinion ... of course you should ... but if ever there was a case of "can't please all the people all the time" ... it's deciding what sort of dark blue dress shoe to do as a group buy.

proxy.php

Something like this with a legitimate sole would be hawt. Blue suede shoes FTW!

If it's another cordovan shoe then I am out.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I voted for all the "yes" answers. Like a lot of guys, I will make my final decision based on whatever actual shoe ends up being produced. Just like global_dev said, above, if it's this style I'm in but if it's that style, I'm out.

Anyhow ...

Let me suggest a style that I think would be killer with this dark blue leather.

The Spectator.

proxy.php

Consider this shoe, but ... instead of brown leather and tan fabric, it's dark blue and white leather. Totally killer.

Let's face it ... dark blue leather isn't the shoe you wear to the office with your suit. You don't wear it to funerals or business interviews. It's a bit more funky, casual colour. Great for a night on the town with that special lady, dining, dancing, and so forth.

Entirely dependant on price for me. I know quality shoes are worth the money, but at the prices mentioned I would rather buy my next pair of boots.

No one said you won't be able to wear it with a suit or to work. A dark navy is actually very versatile and can be business appropriate with the correct color and design. That's what we're shooting for.

I am sure it would be a great looking shoe. One of the reasons I voted no was that my feet are hard to fit. I really have to try them on before buying.

No one said you won't be able to wear it with a suit or to work. A dark navy is actually very versatile and can be business appropriate with the correct color and design. That's what we're shooting for.

John, do we have a time frame on when we get to see the options?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
No one said you won't be able to wear it with a suit or to work.

Well, actually ...

Let's face it ... dark blue leather isn't the shoe you wear to the office with your suit. You don't wear it to funerals or business interviews. It's a bit more funky, casual colour. Great for a night on the town with that special lady, dining, dancing, and so forth.

:blushing:

Oh well.

I guess it depends on the suit and the office. Obviously not for funerals, not for the more formal interviews, not for defending your client in a murder trial.

The right shoe in the right dark tone of blue, with the right suit ... that'd look darn sharp.

Still, I think this puppy would come into its own when you are out for a nice evening with the missus!

I suppose it depends on your location, type of work, sense of style. We're not looking for a funeral shoe, for sure. Probably not looking for a murder trial shoe either. :wink: But business attire or the ability to dress down, absolutely. What we've been kicking around would work for an interview for many. Shoot, the people I've been interviewing lately aren't even in suits. Never mind them wearing decent shoes. And these are principal level engineers.

Engineers would show up un-shaved, in an un-tucked t-shirt and jeans if they didn't have someone at home telling them to dress better. ;)

I like boots... ;)

We can argue about different foot fashions and shoe styles forever ... what I'd really like to see offered is a nice, comfortable pair of slippers to wear around the house. Maybe even some up-scale shower shoes. These would be easier to mass produce in S=M=L sizes, and not worry about precise fitting of all the different feet out there. And they wouldn't need to be uber-expensive, either.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Maybe even some up-scale shower shoes. These would be easier to mass produce in S=M=L sizes, and not worry about precise fitting of all the different feet out there. And they wouldn't need to be uber-expensive, either.
dpm:
proxy.php
...and that's a 'smashing' idea. I'd like to have a pair (and w/ the B & B logo on them), too! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"Shoes are our companions because they are a distinguishing part of our lives". CBJ

Last edited:
Ok, I am out for suede, as just after this thread came about I stumbled on some blue suede Lobb loafers and couldn't help myself!! I am still down for some navy calf though...

Now I have to to figure out what in the hell to do with my blue suede shoes other than tell people to stay off of them...

Top Bottom