What's new

getting past Psoriasis

hey all;
ive been using a Parker shavette stainless sr1 for the last month or so and im getting on really well with it I reckon!
The missus tells me that each shave is getting better and better when she does the "kiss test" after each one so I figure I must be doing something right!
ive been reading a bit on forums and hanging looking at various bits and bobs; even posted a section in the Shaving Shack blog about my experience of starting up shaving with a shavette. (even got some photos in the article!!)

what I really wanted to say here is that if anyone suffers with psoriasis on their face then how do you get on with it and your straight edge?
personally for me I have a fair amount of scale on my neck and a couple of bits on by sideburns area....but thus far ive not managed to slice it badly or even make it bleed awfully.
With the new regime of beard soaking, pre shave oil and then shaving soap; alum block and moisturiser my psoriasis seems to be coping really well with the shave; in fact its coping far better than it ever did with a Gillette!!

so for anyone out there thinking that a straight shave isn't for psoriasis sufferers then all ill say is that its been a hell of a lot better with a shavette that its ever bee with a cartridge razor!!

for a birthday treat im heading off to a barbers for a shave; im interested to see if they balk at shaving me with psoriasis (as ive heard rumours of) or whether they will be happy to go ahead:
anyone have any thoughts on that?

I too have some psoriasis on my face and I find that if I take a nice hot shower beforehand, i have no problems with a straight shave. I do agree with the carts, they would burn that tender skin all the time and single edges like the DE and straights don't seem to bother it at all.

Will do! It's a local barber shop and I've yet to check see if they will actually shave someone with facial psoriasis. I'll let you know either way!

Top Bottom