What's new

Your First Fountain Pen

Sheaffer School Pen(s) - bought the blue one the first time around and lost it after a month or so. Tried the red variety next. That one I had for a long time (years). It didn't seem to get lost on my messy desk.

I went into a large pen retailer years ago, I was looking at fountain pens. I picked up a demo pen to try it, the clerk came over said
"fountain pens are not meant for left handed writers and a rollerball would be better choice".

Needless to say I left. I ordered a Waterman Phileas online and that was my first pen.

My first pen is a Parker 45, from the late 1960ies, and it's still in use with the original converter. The pen seems to be unbreakable.

Black acrylic Platignum lever-filler. We were made to start using fountain pens in 3rd grade in 1971. I remember that some of us thought we were unlucky to get the lever-fillers while the lucky ones had the fun-to-disassemble aeromatic filler models.

Aloha,

My dad gave me his old Easterbrook J with a 1550 nib back in 1976. I still use it today only I have replaced the 1550 nib with smoother 9314M. I love this pen.

Mahalo,

first store bought is my Senator $2013-04-11 15.49.02.jpg
First vintage shortly after that one .. Kaweco Sport V16 (on the left) $2013-04-18 15.07.51.jpg

Top Bottom